Was the property of Freceric Wyatt, Guelph lawyer, chairman of the library board for 30 years who secured funding from Carnegie for the former library building, chairman of the board of Trade and local provincial magistrate.
Sunny Acres Community Garden
The community garden space is located in Sunny Acres Park off Edinburgh between Waterloo and Paisley.
June 28, 2018
Riverside Park is a perfect location to host seasonable events. The Park offers the following: Floral Clock and Rock Gardens; a fully accessible children’s playground; an outdoor concert shell; an antique carousel; miniature train; horseshoe pits; a sand beach area; trails along the river front; 3 baseball diamonds; a scaled model of the first house built in Guelph by John Galt; and a large and small picnic shelter. A leash free zone located on the east side of the Speed River.
The updated play area offers a new playground featuring a tube slide, tower, swings and climbing obstacles. New asphalt pathways, seating areas and a combination of rubber and wood surfaces for kids to play on surround the new playground.
The Floral Clock and Gardens are meticulously maintained and open daily for your enjoyment. Thousands of interesting plants provide beauty and colour year round. These gardens are perfect for wedding photographs, however, note that the gardens cannot be reserved. Please be courteous of other wedding parties and other members of the public who maybe sharing the space with you.
Plants used in the floral display
For private bookings outside of regular operating hours, email [email protected].
Rink locations at school sites require coordination and final approval with the Upper Grand District School Board. Please contact Andrew Seagram, coordinator, Community Use of Schools Program, at 519-822-4420 extension 8000 to confirm access requirements.
Established in 1871, the land was purchased by the City for its annual exhibition. The park included a horse race track, exhibition building and livestock sheds. Later additions included a bandstand and baseball diamonds. The original stadium was built in 1925 and the arena in 1965.