The Waste Resource Innovation Centre administration offices and public waste drop-off are closed to the public to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
To support essential businesses, commercial waste drop-off is open Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Donate or drop off large items
- Check the Waste Wizard for a list of local reuse programs
- Donate working bikes to Guelph’s ReCycle bike reuse program
- Put large items out during Guelph’s Goods Exchange Weekends
- Drop off used tires at a registered location. The City does not collect used tires.
- Drop off large items at Guelph’s Waste Resource Innovation Centre – fees apply.
Book a large item pickup
You can arrange for the City to pick up large items like:
- Appliances (please remove doors and lids)
- Lawnmowers, wheelbarrows, BBQs and other metal goods
Purchase a ticket
- Large item: $35+HST for one item and $27+HST for each additional item
- Refrigerant/CGC pumping for refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, air conditioners, water coolers: $17.70+HST each
- Yard waste: $35+HST up to 10 bags $2+HST for each additional bag. Fees don’t apply during scheduled spring and fall yard waste pickup dates.
- Christmas tree: $35+HST
Large item pickup tickets are available at
- Evergreen Seniors Community Centre
- ServiceGuelph, City Hall
- Victoria Road Recreation Centre
- Waste Resource Innovation Centre
- West End Community Centre
- Call 519-767-0598 to pay over the phone
Large items left at the curb without a ticket are subject to fines or fees under Guelph’s Waste Management Bylaw.
Schedule a pickup date
Call us to schedule a pickup date. Please have your ticket on hand. We will schedule a large item pickup on your next garbage (grey cart) collection day.
Place the item at the curb before 6:30 a.m. on the scheduled collection day.
For more information
Solid Waste Resources