Subscribe below to get automatic emails about City plow outs.
Thank a plow driver
We’re committed to keeping our roads, bike lanes and sidewalks safe and clear of snow and ice.
What the Plow Tracker shows
During residential plow outs, Plow Tracker shows our plows and contractor plows working together to clear roads, bike lanes and sidewalks. On other days, Plow Tracker shows plows doing regular winter road maintenance like using salt, sand, and brine to keep the roads, bike lanes and sidewalks clear of ice.
The City plows primary roads first, then secondary roads. Residential roads are plowed after at least eight centimetres of snow. Residential plow outs are typically completed within 24 hours after the snowfall stops.
Report a snow removal issue
Help out your neighbours by
- Allow for extra commute times and drive according to road conditions
- Never pass a snow plow
- If you’re able, please help clear sidewalks near your property
- Keep fire hydrants and storm drains clear of snow
- Shovel a spot for your waste carts, or place them in the driveway one foot from the curb
- Move parked cars off the streets to make room for snow plows and emergency vehicles
- Clear storm drains without a shovel (video)