The City of Guelph accepts applications/resumes for advertised positions only and does not keep resumes or applications on file. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and the information will be used for employment purposes only. Human Resources regrets that we are unable to correspond with and/or interview all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Part time and seasonal positions
- Crossing Guards
- River Run Centre
- Sleeman Centre
- Summer employment
- Swim Instructors and Lifeguards
- Winter employment
- Information for part time and seasonal staff
Police and Library
Our recruitment process and tips
A breakdown of how our job postings work, the application process, how screening is conducted and what to expect if you are short listed for a position. We hope that you find this a useful resource in answering questions pertaining to our recruitment process from start to finish.
- Supporting immigrant employment success
- Young workers
- Do you require accommodation?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Instructions for completing online application
- Resources for City of Guelph staff
The City is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace
We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Some examples may include:
- Alternate formats for communication material
- Technical aids/assistive devices
- Interview scheduling to accommodate a religious holiday
Contact us at 519-822-1260 extension 5601 or send us an email for more information or to request an accommodation.