2019-20 Arena ice booking season
Submission and confirmation deadlines for seasonal allocations
Tournament and Special Event Requests to be submitted.
Regular Season Ice Rental/Playoff Ice Rental requests due
Information and Authorization Form due
Confirmation of Continued Eligibility for Youth Discount form due
Tournament and Special Event contracts confirmed and mailed out.
Regular season Ice rental contracts confirmed and mailed out.
Signed contracts and certificates of insurance (if this option has been selected) due. Contracts not received by this date will be cancelled and the facilities made available to other groups.
All requests are to be submitted in writing using the forms on the Forms tab.
All requests for amendment and cancellations must be received in writing. A minimum of 72 hours is required for processing new or additional booking requests.
Special event and tournament procedure
Refer to Organizer Information, outlining requirements for Ice Tournaments and Special Events. If you are including any of the elements indicated in this document, you will be required to complete a more comprehensive Special Event Application.
|Arena||First date||Last date|
|Centennial Arena||Saturday, September 28, 2019||Sunday March 29, 2020|
|Exhibition Arena||Tuesday, September 3, 2019||Sunday, April 26, 2020|
|Sleeman Centre Arena||Tuesday, September 3, 2019||Wednesday, April 1, 2020 (Storm Playoff dependent)|
|Victoria Road Recreation Centre||Saturday, September 21, 2019||Sunday, March 29, 2020|
|West End Community Centre||Saturday, September 7, 2019||Sunday, March 29, 2020|
City of Guelph Facility Cancellation Policy
- Refunds are given to users that provide written notice at least 30 calendar days advance of the booked date
- Within 30 days, no refunds will be issued, and no amendments will be refunded
- Cancellations between 15 and 30 days of booking date will be permitted to reschedule to a mutually agreed upon available date within the current season. No refunds will be permitted on the amendment
- Groups receiving the youth facility discount will be charged at the regular non-discounted rate for all unused time
Organizational Direction for 2019 and 2020 Season
This form advises the City of those members/officers who have the authority to book facilities, sign contracts and legally bind your organization. It also identifies those organizations giving the City permission to communicate with them through electronic means; thereby complying with Canada’s Anti-Spam legislation.
298 KBOrganization Information Form
Confirmation of Continued Eligibility for Facility Youth Subsidy Discount form314 KBConfirmation of Continued Eligibility for Facility Youth Subsidy Discount
Ice is allocated based on the Council approved Ice Allocation Policy.
Newly available ice time will be allocated as follows:
- City Programming
- Regional, Provincial, National, International Special Events (youth and adult)
- Existing Youth community group rentals, tournaments and special events
- Existing Adult community groups rentals, tournaments and special events
- New Youth group program
- Existing Youth group program expansion
- Existing adult group program expansion
- New adult group programs
- Out of City organizations
In order to retain facility allocation privileges, a group must:
- Complete and submit their sports group statistics by May 26, 2017.
- Provide documented proof of their status (ie youth community group) when requested to do so.
- Utilize or return all allocated times. Groups not using booked times will lose their right to that space. Repeat non-usage of allocated space may result in loss of priority consideration.
- Comply with all contract conditions.
- Comply with all Municipal policies and bylaws, including the Rzone Policy; and with provincial and federal legislation.
The City will take every measure to accommodate all groups’ requests and needs, however;
- The City does not guarantee the renewal of annual ice time and will not be held responsible for any failure to provide ice time due to circumstances beyond its’ control.
- Loss of facility space due to unforeseen circumstances (i.e. maintenance, closures) following the initial facility distribution will be borne by the user of the facility and will not impact other user’s allocation.
- Signed rental contracts and insurance forms must be received by Friday, July 28, 2017 to indicate your agreement to the rental terms and thus guarantee your bookings.
- Only authorized signators (as indicated on the Organizational Information, Authorization and Consent form) may book ice and sign contracts.
Cancellations and Non-Usage
Users shall notify Facility Booking staff in writing of cancellations; providing a minimum of Fifteen (15) calendar days advance notice. With the exception of eligible playoff cancellations, groups with less than 15 days notice will pay the full rate unless cancelled time is rebooked to another group.
Subsidized contracted users (ie Minor Youth groups) shall be invoiced for the full (unsubsidized) rate for unused time that has not been cancelled.
Playoff Cancellations: During end of season elimination playoffs, leagues may cancel, in writing, 10% of their playoff bookings (as identified to Recreation Support Services) without penalty. This applies to elimination rounds only – round robin playoffs or tournaments are not eligible. In order to be eligible for playoff cancellations, you must have pre-identified playoff bookings and have provided the City with a copy of your league regulations; specifically those that apply to playoffs.
The City and/or Recreation Manager may at his/her sole discretion, cancel or reschedule any activity or permit where:
- The permit was secured by misrepresentation.
- The permit was transferred without approval of the department.
- The facility is not being used for the purposes set out in the application.
- The facility requires technical or emergency repairs or maintenance which cannot be performed at any other time.
- Such cancellation to be confirmed in writing. Where possible, 48 hours notice will be given.
- Due to the mandate and license agreement in place at the Sleeman Centre arena, users may be bumped for special events and the scheduling needs of the Guelph Storm and the Guelph Hurricanes.
- All groups must have Liability Insurance coverage. Please provide a copy to Public Services –Recreation Support Services before July 28, 2017. Your coverage must be a minimum of $2,000,000 General Liability with the City of Guelph named as an additional insured.
- If you prefer, the City can offer coverage through Jones Brown Insurance. Please indicate this preference on your booking request form.
- Note that seasonal insurance purchased through Jones Brown may cover two tournaments. Additional coverage must be purchased for additional tournament bookings and for licensed or large scope tournaments.
Sports Group Statistic Form:
- The Sports Group Statistics Forms are to be received by Friday, May 26, 2017
- New allocations will not be considered for groups failing to provide registration statistics on the Sports Groups Statistics
Organizational Information, Authorization and Consent Form:
- Updated Information, Authorization and Consent forms are to be received by Friday, May 26, 2017
- This form advises the City of those members/officers who have the authority to book facilities, sign contracts and legally bind their organization.
- It also identifies those organizations giving the City permission to communicate with them through electronic means; thereby complying with Canada’s Anti-Spam legislation.
2017/2018 Payment Terms and Schedule
Organizations/Renters in good standing: Rental payments shall be invoiced on the first day of the month prior to the month in which the bookings. Payment must be received no later than the last business day of the month prior to the month in which the booking occurs.
Groups not in good standing will be required to pay in full at time of booking or at such time as they fall into arrears.
One off bookings/Tournaments/Special Events:
Payment must be received at least 15 days prior to the start date or at time of booking; whichever is later.
Payment may be made by:
- Visa/MasterCard/Amex – maximum monthly credit card payment of $5,000. Credit payment can be made over the phone at 519-837-5678.
Rates and Fees
Rates shown are hourly and are based on 50 minutes ice usage and 10 minutes ice resurfacing.
|Time or use||
Centennial, Exhibition, Victoria Road and West End Arenas
|Prime Time (September 1 – April 15)
Monday – Friday (6am-8am and after 4pm)
|Non-Prime Time (September 1 – April 15)
Monday – Friday (8am-4pm)
|Off-season (April 15-August 31)||
|Single Skater (September 1 – April 15)
Monday – Friday (8am-4pm) max. 4 persons
Centennial and Exhibition Arenas only
|School use (up to 49 skaters during school hours)||$87.91||$102.72|
|School Use (50 plus skaters during school hours)||$113.29||$131.25|
Rates shown are hourly and are based on 50 minutes ice usage and 10 minutes ice resurfacing.
If you have any questions or concerns we would be very pleased to address them.
Facility booking staff
519-837-5678 Option 1
For more information
Supervisor – Recreation Bookings, Events and Promotions, Parks and Recreation
519 822 1260 extension 2618