- Do extensive research on the position and organization. Learn the values and missions of the organization through searching the internet, asking people and/or reading newspapers
- Ask questions, employers know you are seriously interested when you ask questions!
- Inform the employer if you require any accommodations for the interview before hand.
- Dress professionally; look clean
- Arrive early for the interview. 10 mins is the best!
- Bring reference list and any other document required depending on the job position (ex. First aid certificate, etc.)
- Reply to all answers in a specific, thoughtful and succinct manner.
- Employer(s) most likely will be taking notes so do not get scared.
- Smile, make eye contact and speak in a professional language
- Shake hands with the employer as you thank them for the interview opportunity
Last Updated: April 26, 2017.
We’re updating parts of our website. How can we make it better?