We’re updating the 2012 Stormwater Management Master Plan to ensure stormwater (rainwater) is sustainably managed in a way that helps protect Guelph’s water supply and environment.
The master plan looks at how the City is currently managing stormwater and guides how we will continue to do so now until 2051. It will take into account:
- Government legislation.
- Technological advances and infrastructure needs.
- Address issues we face today like flood control, maintaining the quality of our local waterways (rivers, lakes and streams) and drinking water supply (groundwater), and the overall environment.
October 28, 2020
How you can have your say
Your feedback is an important part of the master planning process. How we manage stormwater impacts you and our local waterways.
- Stay up to date and let us know what you think. You can read about our progress and find opportunities to have your say by bookmarking this page
- Join our mailing list. Send us your name and let us know how you’d like to be contacted (e.g. email or post mail) and we’ll keep you informed.
- Follow the conversation on Twitter and Facebook #MasterPlanning
The Master Plan will be carried out according to the Municipal Engineers Association Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (2015, as amended), which is an approved Class of Environmental Assessment under the Environmental Assessment Act. Results from this Master Plan will be documented in an environmental assessment that will be made available for public review. At that time, residents, businesses, Indigenous communities and other interested persons or groups will be informed of when and where the environmental assessment can be reviewed.
Stormwater in Guelph
For more information
To provide your comments, request additional information, be added to the project mailing list, or if you require this notice to be provided in an alternative format as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), please contact:
Colleen Gammie, Infrastructure Planning Engineer
Engineering and Transportation Services
519-822-1260 extension 2282
Chris Denich, Project Manager
Aquafor Beech Ltd.