We’re updating our master plan to guide the actions of future recreational services and infrastructure. The updated plan will present a vision for the future, with long-range goals and objectives for activities that define Guelph’s needs and identify what we should be providing, including service standards for recreation and parks facilities and services, where they should be located, when they will be required and how they should be funded.
Phase 1: spring/summer 2019
- Information gathering
- Phase 1 Community feedback
Phase 2: fall 2019/winter 2019
- Draft strategies
- Phase 2 Community feedback
Phase 3: 2022
- Park Plan and the Parkland Dedication Bylaw update
Phase 4: Summer 2022 to spring 2023
- Final community engagement activities
- Draft master plan
- Community feedback
- Final draft master plan
- Council consideration of final draft master plan (TBD)
Engagement is underway until August 28 to gather community insight on:
- how to ensure everyone has access to parks and recreation amenities as we grow
- what our parks and recreation service levels should be and how we should get there
- how we can improve access to information
- how to reduce barriers to participation with parks and recreation
Catch us around town to share thoughts or ask questions
Our teams will be at parks, recreation centres, public spaces, and events throughout the month of August and want to hear your ideas. Visit haveyoursay.guelph.ca for an up-to-date schedule and list of our pop-up locations.
Attend an in-person or virtual workshop
If you want to get even more hands on, we’re hosting two in-person and one virtual workshop in August.
Guelph’s Park Plan was ratified by Council on April 15, 2022 in advance of the full comprehensive Parks and Recreation Master Plan (PRMP). This is so we can address time-sensitive legislative changes to the Parkland Dedication Bylaw required before September 2022.
The Park Plan will be integrated back into the PRMP as a part of its delivery to Council in 2023.
For more information
Mallory Lemon, Park Planner
Park and Trail Development, Parks
City of Guelph
519-822-1260 extension 3560
Eric Pool, Project Manager
Recreation Services, Culture and Recreation
City of Guelph
519-822-1260 extension 3366