Teams can practice and train on sports fields.
Games are permitted as follows:
- Fields/diamonds that opened in Phase 1 – games permitted as of August 4
- Fields/diamonds that opened in Phase 2 – games permitted as of August 17
Outdoor sports facility bookings
The City of Guelph has many different facility options to meet your sporting and recreation needs, which can be booked by submitting an Application for Outdoor Bookings. Please review the 2020 Outdoor Booking Information document for information related to:
- Seasonal opening/closing dates and locations;
- Cancellation policy;
- Sportsfield closures and rainouts;
- Field maintenance;
- Communal storage boxes and equipment; and
- Private storage bunkers
Field maintenance schedule
A revised sportsfield maintenance schedule is in effect. Facilities will be mowed once per week. Baseball diamonds will be groomed once per week.
For safety reasons, no group will groom or rake diamonds using motorized equipment. Hand raking is permitted. Do not trench diamonds for the purposes of draining saturated facilities, as a matter of user group safety. Do not squeegee puddles onto the grass. Please squeegee puddles around the infield to dissipate water.
To learn about grass maintenance and cutting schedules, please access the Grass Maintenance Tracker tool. This tool gives you two pieces of information:
- When the grass was last cut in a park;
- The general service standards for cutting
After hours emergency contact number (Extend Communications)
1-866-630-9242 Monday to Friday after 4 pm and all day Saturday, Sunday and Holidays
- This number is to be used for issues with sports fields and outdoor facilities that require immediate action.
- When calling this number, please provide as much information about the problem to the operator and, if possible, a contact number for return calls.
Reporting maintenance concerns and issues
Park maintenance concerns can be emailed directly to [email protected] or telephoned to 519-837-5628.
Questions or concerns
If you have any questions or concerns we would be very pleased to address them.
Facility Booking Staff
519-837-5678 Option 1