On this page
University of Guelph students
Information about the Student Bus Pass
Effective January 1, 2022, eligible students began scanning their University of Guelph student ID cards on the card reader upon boarding Guelph Transit buses. For more details, please visit the Central Student Association’s Bus Pass page.
- Fall/Winter Semester eligibility: If you are a University of Guelph main campus student and have been charged the Buss Pass fee on your student account, you are eligible for the Student Bus Pass.
- Summer Semester eligibility: Full-time or part-time undergraduate students enrolled for the Summer Semester and full-time or part-time undergraduate students who were eligible for the Winter Semester can opt in for a bus pass directly through the Central Student Association by contacting [email protected].
- Enrolled in distance education courses or a co-op work term: Each semester undergraduate students enrolled in distance education courses, or a co-op work term are not billed for the bus pass as part of their semester fees. They can opt in for a bus pass directly through the Central Student Association by contacting [email protected].
When opting in for a bus pass, you will be using a Guelph Transit OnYourWay fare card. If you lose your OnYourWay fare card, a new card can be obtained at a Select Retailer, for the card replacement fee. The same fee does not apply to students tapping their student card.
Conestoga college and other post-secondary students
Get on your way with Guelph Transit’s post-secondary discounted fare.
|Fare structure||Cash||Single ride||Single ride|
|Concession (Youth (13-17), Seniors (65+), Post-secondary)||$3.25||$2.25||$8.40|
College and university enrolled in post-secondary programs are eligible for concession fare from September 1 to August 31 of the following year for a discounted rate of $2.25 per ride.
Post-secondary OnYourWay fare cards expire annually on August 31.
Any remaining e-cash on the card at the end of the current school year can be transferred and the card class can be adjusted. Contact Guelph Transit for assistance. All fares are final sale and cannot be refunded.
How to get OnYourWay with post-secondary concession fare
Option 1: If you have an existing OnYourWay fare card, complete and submit the reduced transit eligibility form. Once approved you can load your post-secondary concession fare online using your existing card.
Option 2: You can confirm eligibility and purchase the post-secondary concession fare in person at:
- Guelph Transit (administration office): 170 Watson Road South, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- City Hall (ServiceGuelph): 1 Carden Street, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Bring proof of enrolment (tuition statement or course schedule showing your name, post-secondary institution and semester).
Option 3: Download the free OnYourWay app, then complete and submit the reduced transit eligibility form. Details about the OnYourWay app.
Option 4: You can pick up a blank OnYourWay fare card with no dollar value on it at select retailers (subject to the $5 card fee.) then complete and submit the reduced transit eligibility form.
Plan your trip
Collection of personal information
Personal information is being collected and will be used for the purpose of verifying your eligibility for the post-secondary semester pass. The supporting documentation you provide (e.g. enrollment letter) will be deleted after staff have reviewed it and confirmed your eligibility. If you do not want to email your supporting documentation you can visit the Guelph Transit Administrative Office (170 Watson Road South), the pop-up tent at Guelph Central Station or ServiceGuelph (Guelph City Hall, 1 Carden Street).
Personal information, as defined by Section 2 of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and in accordance with the provisions of MFIPPA.
If you have questions about the collection, use and disclosure of this personal information, please contact the City’s Information and Access Coordinator by phone at 519-822-1260 extension 2349 or email [email protected].
For more information