Get on your way with Guelph Transit’s post-secondary semester pass!
We’re offering college and university students in Guelph a discounted post-secondary semester pass for the fall term, which is valid August 23 to December 31, 2021.
Buy now! Cost is $272.
Other transit fare media options:
- Adult monthly pass: $80
- Affordable Bus Pass: $37.50 per month. Eligibility is determined by accessing financial need. Only students who meet the income eligibility, and who are not supported by their parent(s) financially are considered eligible for the program. For more information, email [email protected].
- Single ride: $2.80 (loaded to OnYourWay fare card)
- Cash fare: $3
Where to Buy
You can buy the post-secondary semester pass at:
- Guelph Transit administrative office: 170 Watson Road South, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. We accept debit and credit card.
- ServiceGuelph (City Hall): 1 Carden Street, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. We accept cash, debit or credit card.
Tell customer service staff what card you need to ensure you receive the correct fare category. You need to show proof of enrolment when buying a post-secondary semester pass.
If you would rather load the semester pass online, you can pick up a blank OnYourWay fare card with no dollar value on it at select retailers. Once you get the card, email [email protected] or call 519-822-1811 and provide:
- Your name
- Postal code
- Type of card you’re needing to activate (e.g. post-secondary)
- Fare card number
- Proof of eligibility (e.g. tuition receipt, enrolment letter or time table)
Once you receive email confirmation back that your eligibility has been accepted you can go online to load your semester pass or visit a City facility to buy transit fare media.
Another option is downloading the free OnYourWay app from the App Store or Google Play, and loading the post-secondary semester pass to your account.
You must email [email protected] and include:
- Your digital (app) account number (displayed in your account profile at the top); and supporting documentation such as a piece of government issued identification that verifies your name and date of birth, as well as your postal code.
- For post-secondary students, supporting documentation includes full name, postal code, proof of enrolment (e.g. tuition receipt, enrolment letter or time table), student ID, and OnYourWay fare card number.
Once your eligibility is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email from [email protected] informing you that your account is active and you can purchase fares on the app and use it to pay to ride the bus.
Plan your trip with Google Transit
You can also plan your trip online with Google Transit. Get more information on our trip planning page.
Collection of personal information
Personal information is being collected and will be used for the purpose of verifying your eligibility for the post-secondary semester pass. The supporting documentation you provide (e.g. enrollment letter) will be deleted after staff have reviewed it and confirmed your eligibility. If you do not want to email your supporting documentation you can visit the Guelph Transit Administrative Office (170 Watson Road South), the pop-up tent at Guelph Central Station or ServiceGuelph (Guelph City Hall, 1 Carden Street).
Personal information, as defined by Section 2 of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and in accordance with the provisions of MFIPPA.
If you have questions about the collection, use and disclosure of this personal information, please contact the City’s Information and Access Coordinator by phone at 519-822-1260 extension 2349 or email [email protected].
For more information
519-822-1811 extension 2794