The residential sub-water meter rebate program (the “Program”) of The Corporation of the City of Guelph (the “City”) provides rebates (the “Rebates”) to assist with the introduction of water sub-meters that are subsidiary to principal water meters (the “Sub-meters”). The Program is available for qualifying residential buildings including rental apartment buildings and condominiums containing six or fewer units, as well as single-family homes. The availability of submetering data will help notify property owners/managers, condominium boards and individual water users if individual suites or building processes have high water demands that might indicate leakage, the use of inefficient plumbing products, or inefficient water use habits. Sub-metering can ultimately translate into savings on water bills.
The City will Rebate up to $100 in respect of the expenditure incurred in purchasing qualifying Sub-meters. Qualifying rebates are limited to one (1) per residential unit.
To qualify for the Rebate, the applicant (the person applying) must:
- Hold an active Alectra Utilities/Guelph Hydro/Water account; and
- submit a complete City application form, with all applicable documentation.
To qualify for the Rebate, the building must:
- Be located within the geographic limits of the City; and
- comprise a residential rental apartment building or condominium containing 6 or fewer units, or single-family house.
To qualify for the rebate, the installed sub-meters must:
- Not replace the building’s main water billing meter as set up through the City and its agent; and
- permanent (in-line) sub-meters must meet or exceed American Water Works Association (AWWA) and NSF International (NSF/ANSI 61) standards.
The City reserves the right to refuse a rebate for any building that it determines is ineligible to participate in the program.
The Rebate applies only to the purchase price of the Sub-meters. Sub-meters must have been purchased on or after January 1, 2018. No additional costs or fees, including but not limited to shipping and handling costs, installation costs, monitoring and maintenance costs, etc., are eligible for the Rebate.
Subject to available funding, rebates will be provided to program participants on a “first come, first served” basis.
The rebate will be provided directly to the qualifying property owner/manager or to a third-party agent designated by the property owner/manager.
- Agree to all provisions of these Terms and Conditions and the City’s application form;
- Provide proof of purchase of qualifying Sub-meters;
- Provide the City or its agent with reasonable and timely access to the building to inspect the installed Sub-meters, upon written request, to enable the City to verify the proper installation of the Sub-meters and eligibility of the building;
- Assume any and all costs associated with the purchase and installation of the sub-meters, including any alterations to piping, valves, walls, etc., that may be necessary to ensure the proper installation;
- Refund the rebate to the City on request, if the application contains any material misstatement or misrepresentation by the applicant or on the applicant’s behalf, or if the applicant breaches any of the terms and conditions;
- Acknowledge and agree that the City is not responsible for the selection, installation, operation, or maintenance of the Sub-meters, and that the City will not own the installed Sub-meters and will in no way be responsible for any maintenance or other upkeep of installed sub-meters;
- Permit the City and its agent to access utility billing account information for the participating building at any time before or after installation of the sub-meters, for the purpose of monitoring water demands and calculating water savings; and
- Acknowledge that the City will in no way bill individual suite occupants for water use utilizing the sub-meter data, and that water-use volumetric charges will always defer to the primary water service line billing meter if there are any discrepancies between the sub-meters, in whole or in part, and the primary water service line billing meter.
In consideration of the City accepting an application to the residential sub-water meter rebate program, the Applicant acknowledges and agrees:
- That the City does not guarantee or warrant any aspect of the sub-meter(s), including but not limited to: the physical appearance or operation of the submeter, the installation of the sub-meter, the accuracy or performance of the sub-meter, the suitability of the sub-meter for the application, or the quality of workmanship of the sub-meter and/or the sub-meter installation
- To release, indemnify, save and hold harmless the City, and its agents, officials, officers, councillors and employees against all liability, loss, costs, damages, and expenses, causes of action, actions, claims, demands, lawsuits and other proceedings, by whomever made, sustained, brought or prosecuted, including by third parties, involving bodily injury, death, or property damage, in any way based upon, occasioned by or attributable to the applicant’s participation in this program
For more information
519-822-1260 extension 2189