Subscribe to the free service online using only your postal code to get critical public safety messages during severe weather events, large-scale power outages and health outbreaks.
When you subscribe to Alert Guelph, you’ll have the option to create a personal profile and choose how you want to get alerts: by phone call, text message and/or email. Alerts are only sent during a local emergency or system test.
If you work in Guelph, but don’t call the city home, subscribe using your business postal code during registration as the system can’t push Guelph-specific alerts to postal codes outside the city.
The public alert messaging system is powered by Canadian-based ICEsoft Technologies.
At the local level, Alert Guelph supplements Alert Ready—Canada’s emergency alerting system.
What you can expect
- Personalized communications: Receive critical information such as your distance and direction from an incident and recommended evacuation routes from your tracked locations.
- Track multiple locations: Create and track multiple locations such as “kids’ school” or “mom’s house.” Any event or communication related to your tracked locations will be forwarded to you through your preferred communication channel.
- No message fatigue: You will only get notified when a communication is relevant to you or one of the locations you are tracking.
- Communications your way: Receive alerts over a wide variety of communication channels including mobile apps, text/SMS alerting, email or voice calling. You can register for all or one of them.
- Leaving is easy: We don’t want to see you go, but if you move or need to unsubscribe, both the mobile app and web-based account offer an unsubscribe feature through the menu icon on the top right of the screen/page. If the service isn’t working, choose the “Unsubscribe” button and your alerts will stop.
Notice of collection
Personal information is being collected and will be used to provide public safety messages and notifications to the public during emergency situations. The City of Guelph uses a third-party service provider (ICEsoft Voyent Alert!) to provide this service.
Personal information, as defined by Section 2 of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, and in accordance with the provisions of MFIPPA.
If you have questions regarding Alert Guelph visit voyent-alert.com/community.
For help subscribing submit a request.
If you have questions regarding the collection, use, or disclosure of this information please contact the Information and Access Coordinator at 519-822-1260 extension 2349 or [email protected].