Guelph Transit uses on-demand bus service to complement its conventional bus service.
On-demand has no fixed route or schedule. You have the flexibility to book a ride in advance or last minute, when it’s most convenient for you, at the same price for a conventional trip. Book a ride using the free app, by phone or from the website, and the bus will pick up and drop off at pre-set locations throughout the city.
Starting May 23, our conventional one-hour holiday service will be replaced with on-demand service in addition to the 99 Mainline Route every 30 minutes. We’re testing this new schedule alongside our usual holiday service on Friday, April 15 (Easter weekend). The hours of service are 9:15 a.m. to 6:45 p.m.
All bus stops throughout the city become on-demand stops available to book a trip (except those within the 99 Mainline).
On-demand service does not stop along the 99 Mainline along Woolwich, Norfolk and Gordon Streets except at Woodlawn Smart Centre, Guelph Central Station, the University Centre, or the Clair at Gordon stop where you will be able to complete your trip using the 99.
Community on-demand service serves a wide area in the city and runs Monday to Saturday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. There is no additional cost to take an on-demand trip; use regular transit fare for the ride.
Community bus and Hanlon Creek Business Park on-demand locations
Book a ride
- Download the ‘On-demand your way’ app from either the App Store or Google Play
- Visit book.ondemandyourway.com
- Call an On-demand booking agent at 519-822-1811, prompt 5. Bookings can be made during these hours:
- Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sundays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
How to book
- Download the On-demand your way app.
- Create an account by filling out the profile information.
- Select a pickup or drop-off address by typing in the address bar at the top, or tap to select a drop-off or pickup point.
- Tap on the address bar at the top to select your drop-off point. Choose from recent or recommended locations, or type in an address.
- Choose seat type and number of riders.
- Select the day that you would like to book this ride. Rides can be booked on demand, prescheduled, or multi-day recurring.
- Choose the time for your pick-up.
- Select ‘Find rides.’
- Based on your selections, the system will show you the most optimal set of rides to choose from. Choose a pickup and drop-off option that best suits you.
- Once you’ve selected a pickup and drop-off ride, select ‘Ok.’
- Confirm the information and add any special instructions or information that can help the bus operator identify you (i.e. “I’m wearing a red hat”). Click ‘Save’.
- You can track your trip on the ‘Track My Ride’ screen. All your trip details are displayed here.
- You have the option to cancel your trip, if necessary, by tapping the ‘Cancel the Ride’ button.
- Be ready and waiting at your pickup point.
- Board the bus and pay with your OnYourWay fare card.
- Once you’ve been picked up, you can track your trip on your mobile device by using the map feature.
- Once you’ve been dropped off, you can take a minute to provide feedback on your ride.
Ask for help
Call 519-822-1811, prompt 5 or email [email protected] if you have questions about the service. Our friendly staff can help guide you through the process of booking a ride or downloading the app.