100 Westmount Road on the St. Joseph’s Health Centre property. (Entrance is via the Lourdes High School parking lot)
About the garden
- This raised-bed urban farm currently operates as the main site for the (FFH)2 project, a 3-year project which supports the integration of newcomers to Guelph-Wellington into urban farming and the wider community garden network. (FFH)2 is a social ecological justice project under the umbrella of The Art of Soil Collective.
- (FFH)2 is currently in its 3rd and final year of funding from the “Our Food Future” megaproject.
- The organic, urban farm produces vegetables, flowers and herbs that everyone loves and benefits from (butterflies and birds too!). Guided by the wishes of our participants, we also select and grow desired, hard-to-find produce that folks know and love and miss from their homelands; from culturally-important dishes.
- (FFH)2 offers training & on-going informal and formal knowledge-exchange through a wide variety of events: one-on-one farming, workshops, impromptu potlucks, youth apprenticeships.
- There are a few plots available for rent under the City of Guelph Community Garden mandate & some reserved to support the St. Joseph’s Hospital Senior’s Assisted Living program.
- The Westmount garden site was initially founded, administered, and maintained by the SEED, which continues to support the stewardship of the land and the building of community across peoples, languages, ages, and needs. We are so grateful to them. It is currently administered and maintained by the participants of the (FFH)2.
To get involved with the garden or form more information contact [email protected].