On this page
Building a successful tourism economy in Guelph requires the collective efforts of the organizations and community members who feel passionate about Guelph as a city to live in, play in, and explore. In partnership with Destination Marketing Guelph, the City’s Tourism division aims to foster a robust and well-connected stakeholder community through engagement, facilitation and coordination.
Our focus is to build Guelph into a must-see visitor destination in Ontario by:
- Providing visitor information in the right place and at the right time;
- Collaborating on place branding, marketing, and promotion efforts with Destination Marketing Guelph, tourism operators, and our community;
- Fostering a community of practice to stimulate collaboration and information sharing;
- Investing in infrastructure and resources to help people get to and around the city;
- Measuring and communicating the economic impact of visitation and tourism investment.
Subscribe to our Network News e-newsletter to receive monthly updates on local tourism news.
If you are a visitor and are looking for all the things to see and do while you’re here, head over to visitguelphwellington.com to plan your stay in Guelph. Information about local attractions is also available for pick up at the Tourism Information Kiosk, located in the entrance atrium at Guelph Civic Museum (52 Norfolk St). The museum’s reception staff are available during museum hours to answer any questions. Our administrative office is located in City Hall (1 Carden St).
Tourism Information Kiosk
Guelph Civic Museum
52 Norfolk Street
Guelph, Ontario N1H 3A1
Open Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Parking is free.
Guelph Tourism Services
1 Carden Street, 2nd floor
Guelph, Ontario N1H 3A1
Open Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Key guiding documents
Destination Marketing Guelph
Destination Marketing Guelph (DMG) through the Guelph Chamber of Commerce was launched in December 2022 to meet the requirements of provincial legislation in the implementation of the Municipal Accommodation Tax. DMG works in tandem with Tourism Services at the City of Guelph to support visitor attraction efforts in the City.
Opportunities for tourism operators
If you’re a business, not-for-profit, or organization thinking about how to better reach a visitor demographic or looking for additional support, connect with us!
Event and conference planning
Are you an event or conference host looking to explore Guelph with your planning committee? Connect with us about Group Servicing opportunities, connections to conference and event space, and our amenities.
We provide support from the planning stages through to implementation with:
- Itinerary development
- Distribution of special offers/discounts for local attractions
- Dining and accommodation resources
- Delegate packages including visitor information
- Web and social media promotion