We make it easy to do business in Guelph. Our expert team is ready to help, whether it’s making business connections, growing your business, choosing a site, or finding new markets. We provide a suite of programs and services to support business expansion and re-location, and are your resource for property development, business promotions, and partnerships. We support people making Guelph their home, their place of business, their resilient community.
Subscribe to our Mind Your Business e-newsletter to receive monthly updates on local business news.
We make it easy to do business with City Hall. Whether it’s choosing a site, growing your business or finding new markets, we’re here to help!
Choose a location in Guelph
- Are you looking for a greenfield site? An industrial or commercial building?
- Are you a site selector or realtor considering Guelph for your client?
- Do you have a location and need support for your investment?
Expand your business in Guelph
- Do you need help or support to grow your business in Guelph?
- Are you interested in exporting but don’t know where to start?
- Is your business struggling to find talent?
Other business support services
- Are you having an event? Grand opening or ribbon cutting?
- Do you need to know more about developing a property in Guelph?
- Do you need market research or data about Guelph to support a business decision?
- Are you looking for networking opportunities in Guelph?
- Do you need help with financing, downsizing or other business challenges?
Spotlight programs and initiatives
Guelph’s economic development strategy from 2020 to 2024, will establish the strategic directions and framework to help guide the City’s economic development priorities, programs and initiatives going forward.
Find out why Guelph is the place of choice, for businesses that are going places.
The Guelph Chamber of Commerce and City of Guelph teamed up to develop the Grow Guelph Business Directory.
An initiative between the University of Guelph and the City of Guelph that showcases Guelph through various marketing channels.
The park is a 675 acre land development designed to accommodate the land needs of growing industrial, office and research and development businesses.
An overview of Guelph as an investment-ready city including recent accolades, what we have to offer, top 5 reasons to invest in Guelph and information on the Hanlon Creek Business Park.
Key guiding documents
We provide easy to use toolkits to help streamline the process for you.
About our community
- Business Directory
- Community Profile
- Community Guide
- Guelph-Wellington Employers’ Guide to Hiring and Retaining Newcomers and Immigrants
- Visit Guelph Guide
- How to develop a property
- Development application fees and charges
- Building permits and inspections
- Site plan schedule
- Site plan manual
- Site plan procedures and guidelines
- Apply for site plan approval