We are happy that you are here. You’ve joined a group of forward-thinking, dedicated professionals who are regularly recognized for their achievements, contributions and excellence in service. As a City employee, you will make an impact every day, becoming part of the Guelph story.
We’ve developed a series of checklists for you to work through on your first day, and throughout your first weeks and months here. We encourage you to work your way through these checklists to get a better understanding of your roles and responsibilities, and how the organization works. Contact myHR if you have any questions, concerns or difficulties with any of the items in the checklists.
We’re excited to have you part of our team, and we look forward to seeing your contributions to this amazing city. We wish you all the best in your journey here at the City of Guelph. We hope you love it here!
Preparing for your first day:
- Sign and return your Offer of Employment and all associated paperwork before your first day.
- Be prepared by taking your orientation training found in the link above
- All new permanent employees and long-term contract employees (12+ months) should report to Human Resources at 9 am for a half hour orientation. Human Resources is located on the first floor of City Hall. Please bring along any outstanding paperwork. There is free 2 hour parking on Carden Street for your convenience.
- Make a positive impression by planning to arrive a bit early for your first shift
- Know your options, plan your route and arrange your parking
- Review your offer letter to see if there are additional pieces of information, or equipment you need to bring on your first day such as Personal Protective Equipment.
Answers questions related to your pay cheque, and provide you with an opportunity to connect with a member of our payroll team.
Important information about dress code, scent policy, harassment and discrimination and other important policies you should familiarize yourself with before your first day.
Learn more about our commitment to excellence in customer service in the many services our full and part-time staff provide each day, and how the City of Guelph is being recognized.
The most important part of your work here at the City of Guelph is your safety. Find information about your orientation, safe work policies, and guidance regarding making a hazard report here.
Training modules for employees required to start training before their start date
Find out the best way to get to work and where to park. Also find information about parking permits, bus passes and taxable benefits.