Guelph-Wellington Paramedic Service offers paramedic services for onsite, standby medical coverage for events such as community events or concerts.
Before submitting your request, please note:
- Medical coverage includes an ambulance and two paramedics dedicated to the event site. In case of a large scale event, additional coverage may be needed; we will let you know if this is the case.
- The fee per staffed ambulance is $125 per hour. The minimum number of hours invoiced per event shall be no less than four (4) hours.
- Minimum lead time to book medical coverage is 14 days.
- After you submit your request, a contract will be prepared. You will be contacted to formalize the process.
- In case of cancellation, a written notification is required 12 hours prior to the start hour of coverage. An administrative fee of $25 will be charged. If the notification is received with less than two (2) hours, the total fee of the event plus the administration fee shall be paid.
- Once the person contacts us for medical coverage for a special event, a contract between the City and the organization is drafted up and signed by both parties and includes the scheduled hours for coverage. Once the event is completed, the contract is sent to our Finance Department to generate an invoice which is then sent to you. Please ensure your invoice includes information on how to pay for the service.