Set the date
You can apply for a marriage licence up to 90 days before your wedding day.
How to get a marriage licence
Contact us to schedule your marriage ceremony
519-822-1260 extension 5650
Getting married at Guelph City Hall
Civil marriage ceremonies are being provided for couples and their guests who live in the City of Guelph, County of Wellington, and Dufferin County. We will be performing civil marriage ceremonies at reduced times, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, to allow for cleaning of Council Chambers between ceremonies.
Marriage ceremonies will now take place:
- Thursdays at 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Fridays at 11 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3 p.m.
Rules for marriage ceremonies during COVID-19:
- No more than 8 people per ceremony.
- Wear a face mask inside City Hall (The couple will be permitted to remove their masks during the ceremony only).
- Stay two meters (6.5 feet) from people you don’t live with, including guests and the marriage officiant.
- Bring your own blue or black pen.
- Photos before and after the ceremony will not be permitted within Council Chambers. Photos may be taken during the ceremony.
- Use available alcohol-based hand sanitizer before, during and after the ceremony.
All participants will be required to complete a pre-screening questionnaire prior to their scheduled ceremony. Individuals experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms will not be permitted to enter the facility.
At least two witnesses must be present during your ceremony. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic witnesses are currently not being provided by the City of Guelph.
Getting married at a different time or place
A City of Guelph marriage officiant can perform civil marriage ceremonies at other times and locations. Please contact us to discuss options for getting married at a different time or location.
We do not offer civil marriage ceremonies on Sundays.
Visit serviceontario.ca/gettingmarried to learn who can perform a legal marriage ceremony in Ontario.
Civil marriage ceremony fees
|Type of service||Fee|
|Ceremony during regular hours at City Hall||$250|
|Ceremony at a different time or location in Guelph (No Sundays)||$400|
|Ceremony at a different time or location outside Guelph (No Sundays)||$400 plus a mileage fee|
|City employee acts as a witness (Not currently available)||$28 per witness|
Fees do not include HST. Fees can be paid in person or by phone and must be paid prior to the ceremony.