The City reserves the right to alter, cancel, or discontinue the The Royal Flush Toilet Program (“Program”) at any time. Please check this website for current status of the Program.
To qualify for a rebate:
- You must have a valid and active Guelph Hydro account
- Your property must be located within Guelph city limits
- Your home must be connected to the municipal water system
- Your home must have been built before January 1, 2014
- Residential properties can apply for a maximum of two (2) WaterSense® certified toilet Rebates, per property over the life of the property. Multi-residential and Industrial, Commercial and Institutional properties are limited to a one (1) WaterSense® certified toilet Rebate for each existing toilet being replaced per property over the life of the property and should contact Royal Flush Toilet Rebate Program at 519-822-1260 x 2633 to advise of the number of toilets being replaced and discuss site inspection requirements. You must replace a 6-litre per flush or larger toilets with WaterSense® certified dual flush or high efficiency toilet models that flush with 4.8-litres or less
- You must submit the appropriate application and proof purchase within one (1) year of purchasing the toilet(s).
In consideration of receiving the rebate under this Royal Flush Toilet Rebate Program, the Applicant acknowledges and agrees:
- That the Corporation of the City of Guelph (City of Guelph) is not responsible for the selection, installation or operation of the toilet;
- That the existing toilet being replaced is a 6-litre per flush or larger toilets and the new toilet must be a new, water-efficient model from the WaterSense® certified list and must be installed in a residence built prior to January 1, 2014, located in the City of Guelph and connected to the municipal water supply;
- That the Applicant shall provide the City of Guelph or its agent with reasonable and timely access to the toilet, that the City of Guelph or its agent may inspect any residence participating in this Program in order to verify the installation of the toilet and eligibility of the same, if the City of Guelph so requests, and that the City of Guelph or its agent may access utility billing account information for the purpose of monitoring water. The Applicant must be available for an inspection.
- The City of Guelph reserves the right to withhold the Rebate based upon inspection results;
- That the City of Guelph does not guarantee or warrant the toilet or its installation, the performance, freedom from defects, quality of workmanship or suitability of the toilet or any installation thereof for any purpose, or the suitability of the premises for installation. Further, the Applicant acknowledges and agrees to assume any and all costs of the installation or any alterations necessary for the proper installation of the toilet;
- To indemnify, save and hold harmless the City of Guelph, and its agents, officials, officers, councillors and employees (collectively, the agents) against all liability, loss, costs, damages, and expenses, causes of action, actions, claims, demands, lawsuits and other proceedings, by whomever made, sustained, brought or prosecuted, including by third parties, involving bodily injury, death, and property damage, in any way based upon, occasioned by or attributable to the Applicant’s participation in this Program; and
- To refund such Rebate to the City of Guelph on request, if this application contains any material misstatement or misrepresentation on such Applicant’s behalf, or if the Applicant breaches any of these terms or conditions.
Last updated and effective: August 23, 2021