Your paramedic services
When someone calls 911 for a medical emergency, Guelph-Wellington paramedics assess, may treat, and may transport the patient via ambulance to a hospital emergency department. Guelph-Wellington Paramedic Service provides this service in an efficient manner within legislation and Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care standards and is inclusive of call mitigations strategies.
Our commitment to you
Aligning with our corporate vision, Guelph Wellington Paramedic Service makes a difference everyday. Acting locally and globally to improve the lives of residents, the broader community providing excellence in patient care and continuously endeavour to improve patient outcomes.
Respect – cultivating a positive environment where everyone is valuable
Integrity – standing up for what is important to our service
Responsive – staying proactive and making decisions with intention
Compassion – continuously supporting our team and the community we serve
Innovation – embracing new opportunities and pushing boundaries for the better
Excellence – hold ourselves accountable towards the best possible standard
Guelph-Wellington Emergency Medical Services is committed to service excellence through:
- Promoting high standards, exemplary customer service, preparedness, continual education, and collaborative efforts with other agencies and strategic community partners
- Developing annual goals, objectives, and targets to advance our performance in terms of both regulated and unregulated impacts.
- Identifying and complying with pertinent requirements of the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care acts, legislation, standards and policies; and all industry codes that we must adhere to.
- Requesting the necessary resources to successfully carry out our goals, objectives, and targets.
- Making personnel aware of their safety, health and environmental roles and responsibilities, providing appropriate training, and holding employees accountable for their performance and actions, including recognizing them for outstanding performance.
- Considering safety, health and environmental impacts when making policy, planning, purchasing, and operating decisions.
- Correcting identified deficiencies in a timely manner and taking appropriate steps to prevent their recurrence.
Guelph-Wellington Paramedic Service
519-822-1260 extension 2805
Guelph-Wellington Paramedic Service
519-822-1260 extension 2105
Our paramedics are trained professionals who are highly skilled in all aspects of pre-hospital emergency medicine. They treat a wide variety of injuries and medical conditions, while providing supportive patient care and safe transportation to an appropriate medical facility.Guelph-Wellington Paramedic Service employs (as of April 2019) 170 full- and part-time paramedics.
- 100 Full-Time Paramedics
- 70 Part-Time Paramedics
- 10 Managers
Ambulance dispatch is the responsibility of the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Central Ambulance Communications Centre located in Cambridge, Ontario; local paramedic services response selection is based on closest paramedic services unit response without regard for city/ county or municipality boundaries. For more information contact Dispatch at 1-800-265-2216. Pre-hospital care initiatives and medical oversight is through the Centre for Paramedic Education and Research at Hamilton Health Sciences.
|Arthur||110 Smith Street|
|Drayton||16 Main Street|
|Fergus||285 Queen Street|
|Guelph||160 Clair Road West
355 Elmira Road
34 Gordon Street
|Harriston||122 Robertson Street South|
|Hillsburgh||2 Station Street|
|Mount Forest||202 Industrial Road|
|Rockwood||5741 Wellington Road 27|
Community Paramedicine Program
Paramedic Service Master Plan
This Master Plan addresses the incomparable challenges with unique staffing, station location and vehicle deployment solutions.