Outdoor community ice rinks are maintained by neighbourhood volunteers. These unsupervised skating rinks are for everyone to enjoy. The map above shows open rinks as green, open (skate with caution) in yellow and closed in red.
We update this list once per week on Fridays by 4 p.m.
About the Community Ice Rink Program
Outdoor community ice rink locations (weather permitting)
Open (skate with caution)
The ice is very soft in all locations. Please stay off the ice in warmer weather so the ice can be maintained.
- Burns Drive Park: 19 Burns Drive
- Colonial Drive Park: 181 Colonial Drive
- Exhibition Park: 81 London Road
- Herb Markle Park: 175 Cardigan Street
- Gosling Gardens Park: 75 Gosling Gardens
- Jubilee Park: 11 Sweeney Drive
- MacAlister Park: 35 Hands Drive
- Oak Street Park: 35 Oak Street
- Orin Reid Park: 120 Goodwin Drive
- Riverside Park East: 55 Riverview Drive
- Riverside Park skate trail: Marilyn Drive
- Stephanie Drive Park: 275 Stephanie Drive
- St. George’s Park: 40 Metcalfe Street
- Sunny Acres Park: 45 Edinburgh Road North
- Wolfond Park: 230 Arthur Street North
- Carter Park: 1 Fletcher Court
- Dovercliffe Park: 38 Dovercliffe Road
- Golfview Park: 40 Golfview Road
- Grange Road Park: 598 Grange Road
- Northview Park: Mullin Drive
- Waverley Drive Park: 70 Balmoral Drive
Community ice rinks on Upper Grand District School Board properties are not approved for the 2021 season.
Outdoor community ice rink rules
- Wear a mask.
- Only 25 people at a time.
- Stay 2 metres from people you don’t live with.
- No organized sports or practices (no hockey sticks, pucks, balls, or nets).
- CSA approved helmets are strongly recommended for skaters’ protection. Bike helmets do not provide adequate protection.
- Skating or acting in a manner that endangers or interferes with other skaters’ safety or pleasure is not permitted.
- Supervision of children under the age of 12 is strongly recommended.
- Abusive language and aggressive behaviour are not permitted. Be respectful and responsible.
- Participation is at the user’s own risk. No responsibility is accepted or undertaken for the well-being of either the user or their property.
This code was developed by the City of Guelph and community neighbourhood volunteers.