As a part of the City of Guelph’s subsidy program, Guelph Transit offers the affordable bus pass to help you get around Guelph using public transportation. Adults, youths and seniors living in low-income households can apply any time for a one-year pass. Affordable bus passes must be renewed each year.
Affordable bus pass prices
If you are approved for an affordable bus pass, the cost per month is $37.50 for an adult, $32.00 for a youth and $31 for a senior. More information is available on the fares and passes page.
Agency inquiries: 519-822-1260 extension 2042
TTY (Teletype for Deaf): 519-826-9771
General inquiries: 519-837-5618
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Affordable Bus Pass program?
The affordable bus pass is a lower-cost pass to help low-income individuals get around Guelph using public transportation. This program aims to make getting around and connecting with the community more affordable. Adults, youths, and seniors living in low-income households are encouraged to apply for this program. The affordable bus pass program is an investment in our community aimed at minimizing barriers for people living on a low income.
Who is eligible to apply?
Eligibility requirements are:
- Must be a resident of Guelph
- Adults, youths, and seniors who are experiencing barriers to accessing public transit based on their low family income as per the Statistics Canada LICO (low income cut off) measure may qualify
- Post-secondary students may apply with the exception of University of Guelph full-time students who receive a U-pass included in their student fees
How long is an individual eligible for the program?
Customers must apply annually. For example, if a person applies for an affordable bus pass in July they will need to reapply again the following July.
What is the price of an affordable bus pass?
Can I use the affordable bus pass to ride a Guelph Transit mobility bus?
Yes. The affordable bus pass can be used on any of Guelph Transit’s buses (convention and mobility).
Where can I pick up an application or purchase an affordable bus pass?
Applications are available at the following City locations:
- ServiceGuelph, City Hall (Note: Wait times are always shorter mid-month. Save yourself time by avoiding the end-of-month lineup.)
- Evergreen Seniors Community Centre
- West End Community Centre
- Guelph Transit administration office
- guelph.ca (download application form only)
Passes can also be purchased at the same locations once an approval letter has been received.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It takes about two weeks or 10 business days to process an application.
I lost my affordable bus pass, what should I do?
Effective April 1, 2014, Guelph Transit’s policy for replacement passes will be applied to the Affordable Bus Pass program. “Guelph Transit will not replace lost or stolen tickets, day passes or monthly passes. Tickets, day passes and monthly passes are non-refundable. Day passes and monthly passes are non-transferrable.”