Where’s the Wagon?
This year, you’ll be able to find the Water Wagon at events all over Guelph, supplying cool, clean, and naturally filtered tap water. Come visit us and learn why we love Guelph’s groundwater!
|Summer Market||July 2|
|The Good Games||July 8 and 9|
|Food Day Canada||July 11|
|Hillside Festival||July 28, 29 and 30|
|Cinema in the City||August 11|
|Bug Day||August 13|
|Cinema in the City||August 18|
|Ribfest||August 25, 26 and 27|
|Arboretum Expo||September 9|
|Guelph Jazz Festival||September 15 and 16|
To increase the availability of Guelph’s tap water and reduce waste generated from disposable water bottles sold or served at special events, the Guelph Water Wagon is a free service available for large, outdoor community events that are open to the public. The Guelph Water Wagon offers eight self-serve stations, each with a water fountain head and bottle fill tap.
Interested in booking the Guelph Water Wagon for your special event?
If you are hosting an event on City of Guelph property, like Riverside Park or Exhibition Park, please visit the City of Guelph Special Events page and complete an application.
For all other events, please complete the Water Wagon application form.
For more information about the Guelph Water Wagon call 519-822-1260 extension 2491 or email [email protected].
Conditions of service
A special event must meet the following conditions for inclusion of the Guelph Water Wagon:
- Advance promotion of the Water Wagon and tap water service is required using the “Bring, Fill, Drink” graphic on all online and in print promotional material, including the event website’s landing (main) page. The City will provide graphic identities, usage guidelines and written consent to assist event organizers. Proof of “Bring, Fill, Drink” promotion will be requested.
- Minimum event attendance of 500 people.
- Not-for-profit events only, open to the public.
- Event must occur May 1 through August 30. The event must be greater than two (2) hours in length. Any events occurring outside of these windows will be considered on a case by case basis.
- No sale or distribution of bottled water by vendors or event organizers is permitted.
- The Water Wagon must be situated in a prominent location with adequate room agreeable to City staff. Adjacent space is required for a Water Services outreach booth.
- Dedicated volunteer assistance provided by the event organizers is required. The volunteer(s) must be the age of majority and must be available for training at the City of Guelph’s request (typically conducted on site, during the event).
- A plan must be provided in the event of poor weather conditions in advance of the event (i.e. relocation, cancellation), and agreed to by City of Guelph staff.
- A suitable live water connection (i.e. hose bib) must be available for large or multi-day events, or as determined by the Lead Hand Supply or their designate, at the discretion and approval of Guelph Water Service.
- Water provided through Guelph’s Water Wagon is for drinking only. Vendors must source their own water or use another water source onsite for other event needs.
- The event organizer will be required, in advance of the event, to sign an agreement with the City containing particulars of the event organizer’s obligations.
The Guelph Water Wagon service will be scheduled on a “first come, first served” basis. A minimum of twelve weeks’ notice is required to secure the Water Wagon service. Applications received with less than three months’ notice will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Priority is given to successful reoccurring events, followed by those occurring within City limits. Events occurring outside Guelph will be considered on a case-by-case basis where the majority of attendees will be Guelph residents and the event organizer has requested and received written permission from the host municipality to provide this service within its jurisdiction. Servicing of events outside City of Guelph limits will be subject to full cost-recovery of the Water Wagon program by Water Services including, but not limited to, delivery, staffing, and removal fees.
Provision of refillable water bottles by event organizers is encouraged; the City of Guelph will not provide refillable drinking vessels. If an event organizer wishes to pre-fill reusable water bottles or other drinking vessels, the event organizer must consult with Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health (WDGPH) to obtain written direction supporting such activities in advance of the event. A copy of the WDGPH’s written direction must be provided to the City no later than one week prior to the start of the event to support such practices. In the absence of WDGPH consultation and direction, the City will not support such activities.
The Guelph Water Wagon provides emergency potable water supply to Guelph residents. In the unlikely event of an emergency, these situations take precedence over booked events, and Water Services staff reserves the right to cancel attendance at an event or remove the Water Wagon from an event in order to fulfill these duties.
The City of Guelph considers attendance levels and event conditions when determining whether the event is suitable for Water Wagon attendance. If it is determined that an event is not suitable for Water Wagon attendance, participation may be declined despite meeting minimum conditions of service. Previous Water Wagon service at a recurring event does not guarantee Water Wagon attendance every year.
The City of Guelph has no control over a mechanical malfunction of the Guelph Water Wagon during an event. In the unlikely event of a mechanical malfunction, the City of Guelph reserves the right to suspend service or remove the Water Wagon from an event.
Events that fail to adhere to the terms and conditions of the water wagon service, or provide misinformation with regards to the terms and conditions outlined herein, may be subject to full cost-recovery of the Water Wagon’s participation in an event or withdrawal of the Water Wagon services up to and including the day of the event.
For more information
Contact 519-822-1260 extension 2491 or [email protected].