We’re updating the 2008 Water and Wastewater Servicing Master Plan to ensure the City’s water distribution and wastewater collection infrastructure (pipes and sewers) continues to support the growing Guelph community now until 2051.
The update will:
- Analyze the City’s current water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Take into consideration Guelph’s projected population growth.
- Define needed increases to the current system’s capacity.
- Identify technological advances and opportunities for improving efficiency.
- Address changes in government legislation.
October 28, 2020
How you can have your say
Your feedback is an important part of the Master Plan update process.
Here’s how you can have your say:
- Visit our virtual open house and learn about what the Master Plan will do, what challenges we’re facing and how it impacts you and the Guelph community.
- Let us know what you think through an online survey.
- Ask us your questions and share your ideas on haveyoursay.guelph.ca.
- Follow the conversation on our Twitter and Facebook
- Join the Master Plan mailing list and stay up to date by contacting [email protected] or [email protected].
The Master Plan will be carried out according to the Municipal Engineers Association Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (2015, as amended), which is an approved Class of Environmental Assessment under the Environmental Assessment Act. Results from this Master Plan will be documented in an environmental assessment that will be made available for public review. At that time, residents, businesses, Indigenous communities and other interested persons or groups will be informed of when and where the environmental assessment can be reviewed.
For more information
To provide your comments, request additional information, be added to the project mailing list, or if you require information to be provided in an alternative format as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), please contact:
Reg Russwurm, Manager Design and Construction
Engineering and Transportation Services
519-822-1260 extension 2765
Sam Ziemann, Vice-President
C3 Water Inc.
519-772-9620 extension 295