On this page
We’re updating the 2008 Water and Wastewater Servicing Master Plan to ensure the City’s water distribution and wastewater collection infrastructure (pipes and sewers) continues to support the growing Guelph community now until 2051.
The update will:
- Analyze the City’s current water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Take into consideration Guelph’s projected population growth.
- Define needed increases to the current system’s capacity.
- Identify technological advances and opportunities for improving efficiency.
- Address changes in government legislation.
August 17, 2023
How you can have your say
Your feedback is an important part of the master planning process.
- Visit our Have Your Say page to review documents and ask questions to the project team.
- Stay up to date and let us know what you think. You can read about our progress and find opportunities to have your say by bookmarking this page
- Join our mailing list. Send us your name and let us know how you’d like to be contacted (e.g. email or post mail) and we’ll keep you informed.
- Follow the conversation on Twitter and Facebook #MasterPlanning
The Master Plan will be carried out according to the Municipal Engineers Association Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (2015, as amended), which is an approved Class of Environmental Assessment under the Environmental Assessment Act. Results from this Master Plan will be documented in an environmental assessment that will be made available for public review. At that time, residents, businesses, Indigenous communities and other interested persons or groups will be informed of when and where the environmental assessment can be reviewed.
Notice of Public Open House #2:
Resources & Documents
Volume I – Water and Wastewater Servicing Master Plan Executive SummaryVolume I – Water and Wastewater Servicing Master Plan ReportVolume I – Appendix A and BVolume I – Acronyms and DefinitionsVolume I – ReferencesVolume II – Model Update, Field Testing, Calibration TMVolume II – TM 1 Background ReviewVolume II – TM 2 Model Assessment and Software RecommendationVolume II – TM 3 Water and Wastewater Servicing RecommendationsVolume II – TM 3A Existing & Future Population, Employment & Land Use, and ServicingVolume II – TM 4 Capital Infrstructure Funding Risk AnalysisVolume II – TM 5 Design Critieria, Level of Service, and Sensitivity2008 Water and Wastewater Servicing Master Plan
For more information
To provide your comments, request additional information, be added to the project mailing list, or if you require information to be provided in an alternative format as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), please contact:
Colleen Gammie, Infrastructure Planning Engineer
Engineering and Transportation Services
519-822-1260 extension 2282
Sam Ziemann, Vice-President
C3 Water Inc.
519-772-9620 extension 295