Date: July 6, 2015
About the project
Guelph Hydro is completing work to support upcoming renovations at Guelph Police Headquarters. Crews are relocating switch gears and installing a new transformer.
Detours and traffic impacts
June 22 to August 14
• Farquhar Street closed between Wyndham and Freshfield Streets
July 13 to July 27
• Wyndham Street closed to vehicular traffic between Carden and Farquhar Streets
• Farquhar Street East reduced to one lane; local two-way traffic directed by flag person
• Local access to Farquhar Street and GO Transit Kiss & Ride via Wellington Street
July 27 to August 14
• Wyndham Street closed to vehicular traffic on between Farquhar and Fountain Streets
• Local access to Farquhar Street East and GO Kiss & Ride via Macdonell Street
• Additional work relocating Guelph Hydro services on Freshfield Street between Fountain Street and the Farmer’s Market is scheduled for fall.
GO Transit Kiss & Ride will remain open and accessible during construction.
Guelph Transit routes 2B, 8, 9 and 16 will be affected by the road closure with some stops in the work area out of service. Visit guelphtransit.ca for more information about temporary changes to stop locations and schedules.
The City of Guelph appreciates your patience, understanding and co-operation during this important construction project. Future construction and road closure notices will be posted at guelph.ca/construction.
For more information about road closures and traffic
Technical Services Program Manager,
Engineering Services, City of Guelph
519-822-1260 extension 2251
For more information about Guelph Hydro work
Adam Doucet C.E.T.
Engineering Technician, Guelph Hydro Electric Systems Inc.
519-822-1750 extension 4618
For more information about GO Transit services
Customer Care Coordinator, GO Transit
905-803-8008 extension 2681