City of Guelph splash pads, wading pools and outdoor pools are open for the 2020 summer season with enhanced health and safety practices to keep you safe.
Latest updates and schedule changes
Splash pads and wading pools
There are lots of splash pads and wading pools located throughout the City. Use the link below to learn about operating times, pool rules and to find one located near you.
Recreation swim schedule
West End Community Centre and Lyon Pool are offering swims for the summer.
Recreation swim schedules arrow_forward_ios
- Users must register and pay in advance using Rec Enroll. See the Recreation swim schedules for pricing.
- Customers with a 10 or 20 visit Fitness membership can use their pass online to pay for an Aquafit session but, to get the best value, use the pass for swims offered after September 7.
- Walk-ins are discouraged unless customers need to pay with cash.
Pool admission standards and guidelines
- Children nine (9) years of age or younger, regardless of swimming ability, are required to wear an orange wristband and must be directly supervised by a parent or guardian at least fourteen (14) years of age, who is wearing swimming attire, within arm’s reach, and able to render immediate assistance.
- Swim tests are not being administered at this time.
- There are a maximum of two (2) children per parent/guardian.
- Participants with serious medical conditions should be accompanied by individuals knowledgeable of their condition, and have the ability to render immediate assistance.
- Children ten (10) years of age or older do not require supervision by a parent/guardian.
Access to the West End Community Centre and pool deck
- Access to the pool is through the main entrance at West End Community Centre
- Access to the facility is allowed 10 minutes before the start of the swim time
- Viewing gallery is closed to the public
- Lockers are not available for use
- Showers are permitted for pool entrance only – swimmers will be entering through one change room and exiting through another
- No outside footwear is permitted on the pool deck
- No food or drink are permitted on the pool deck (non-breakable containers with water only are permitted)
- All street clothing must remain six feet from pool’s edge.
- Access to the Aquatic Guard office is for City of Guelph Aquatic staff only
- Exercise room and sauna are not available to participants
The pool is divided into lanes for participants to swim, water walk or water jog the length of the pool.
Everyone is welcome to enjoy all pool features.
Senior and Accessibility Swim
A great way for older adults and individuals with exceptionalities to enjoy all pool features. This non-instructional session is a great opportunity for those who want to work through stretches, exercises, or just enjoy leisure time in the water.