289 College Avenue
151 Victoria Road North
21 Imperial Rd.
Swimming Pool Admittance Policy
- Children under the age of 10 will not be admitted to the swimming pool unless they are accompanied by a guardian 14 years of age or older who is responsible for their direct supervision in the water and within arm’s reach at all times
- Maximum two children per guardian
- Children ages seven to 10, who are swimmers, may attempt the swim test (Swim Test Criteria: two widths of the pool, stopping to tread water for 20 seconds midpoint both directions).
- If they pass, the guardian, who is responsible for their direct supervision, must stay within the pool area/viewing gallery at all times.
- Participants under the age of seven who successfully complete the swim test, may swim and use all deep end amenities if accompanied by an adult at all times
- Children wearing personal floatation devices (water wings, lifejackets, etc.) must have adult supervision at all times
- Floatation devices are not permitted in the deep end
- The City of Guelph is not responsible for lost or stolen items
Children between seven and nine years require a:
- Orange wristband to enter the pool environment. These participants must be accompanied by a parent/guardian in the water
- Green wristband – children aged seven to 10 may choose to attempt the swim test. If they successfully pass the swim test, they are able to swim unaccompanied. These participants require a responsible guardian to remain in the pool area.
- All patrons must wear appropriate swimming attire suitable for a public/family environment.
- Swimming attire is defined as clothing that is clean and used specifically for the purpose of swimming.
Flume Slide Policy (West End only)
Participants 4’6” tall and over may go on our slide. Participants 3’6” to 4’6” tall must pass our slide swim test (15 metre continuous swim). Children less than 10 years old who have not successfully completed our admittance swim test but have successfully completed our slide swim test, must be supervised by their caregiver while in line and immediately after leaving the slide well. Participants under 3’6 may not use the flume slide due to manufacturer guidelines.
Your feedback assists us in improving our programs and facilities to better suit the needs of clients and community members.