Guelph has over 1000 hectares of parks and open space where you can find over 70 km of trails and paths, sports facilities, and heritage features including Allan Mill, Goldie Mill, IODE Fountain, Blacksmith Fountain, Riverside Floral Clock Gardens, John McCrae Gardens, Speed Skating Rink Façade, Guelph Farmers’ Market, and the Boathouse.
Guelph Parks and trails
We invite you to take some time to explore our parks and trails. For further information on our parks and trails please contact us at 519-837-5628 or email@example.com.
How can we help you?
Report concerns about a park or trail
Your co-operation in following rules that have been put in place to maintain our parks is greatly appreciated.
- All dog owners are asked to help maintain our parks for the enjoyment of all by cleaning up after their dog.
- Dogs must be leashed while in City parks, on all trails, on all occupied sports fields, and on all GRCA lands.
- Dogs are not allowed on playgrounds or in wading pools.
- Seven areas within the city have been designated as leash free areas 24 hours per day
- Dogs may be off leash on unoccupied sports fields from 5:00 pm to 8:00 am from September 15 to April 30.
- Motorized vehicles other than authorized vehicles are prohibited in parks. This includes trail bikes, mopeds,
- motorcycles and snowmobiles.
- Parking on earth or grass surfaces within City parks is prohibited – any vehicles found in violation will be ticketed.
- For the safety of everyone, activities such as golf and archery are not permitted in City parks.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in City parks.
- All City playground areas are unsupervised. Parents and guardians assume all risks for children using the playground equipment.
Open space signs
- Dogs on leash
- Clean up after your pet
- Cyclists yield to pedestrians
- No littering
- No dumping
- No motorized vehicles
- Trails are prone to washouts
Please respect our environment
Stormwater Management Area sign
Stormwater Management Facility Environmentally Sensitive Area
- No skating
- No fishing
- No swimming
- No water taking