Guelph’s planning staff is available to discuss your ideas, or your preliminary proposal. We’ll let you know what to expect during the development application process, and tell you what kinds of information, studies, reports and other documents you may need to prepare before you develop a property in Guelph.
519-822-1260 extension 5616
Apply for an Official Plan amendment, Zoning Bylaw amendment, or plan of subdivision
Modify land-use policies, change zoning and/or develop a subdivision.
Apply for site plan approval
Site plan approval ensures site layout, street widening, parking, drainage and landscaping meet Guelph’s planning policies and design requirements.
Apply for a plan of condominium
Section 51(16) of The Planning Act, RSO 1990 c.P. 13 allows the owner of land or the owner’s authorized agent to apply to the City, for approval of a plan of condominium similar to a plan of subdivision.
Guelph City Council is the approval authority for plans of condominium pursuant to Section 51(6) of The Planning Act. The City of Guelph Planning Services oversees the administration of condominium approvals for the City of Guelph. In 2003, Council delegated their approval authority for most condominiums to the General Manager of Planning Services The following procedure for approval of a Plan of Condominium and flow chart are designed to acquaint you with the manner in which the City of Guelph will process your application.
Apply to removal of part lot control
- Create new lot(s) by changing lot lines shown on registered plan of subdivision
- Create part lots from whole lots for semi-detached or on-street townhouse units.
- Create of part lots from whole lots for single detached dwellings.
- Create of part lots from whole lots and create easements for zero sideyard, single detached dwellings.
Apply for a minor variance or consent
Apply to the Committee of Adjustment for minor zoning changes, sever a lot or convey land
- Development application fees and charges
- Development application forms and guidelines
- Development Priorities Plan
- Official Plan
- Zoning Bylaw