Coyotes find their way to residential areas where they may tear open garbage, cause concern for residents and even come into conflict with pets. Always supervise dogs playing outdoors and keep cats inside.
Urban wildlife is part of life in Guelph where there are 1,000 hectares of parks and open space at our doorstep. With spring’s thaw, animals emerge from their winter slumber to forage for food.
- Protecting your lawns and gardens
- Wildlife-friendly driving
- Guidelines for helping wildlife
- Dealing with skunks
Tips to keep your pet snug and healthy.
Hundreds of stray dogs are impounded every year in Guelph. Providing your dog with proper identification significantly increases the likelihood that your dog will get home promptly in the event that he strays or becomes lost.
- Toxicity of cocoa shell mulch
- Lost pet recovery 101
- Summertime dangers
- Travelling safely with your pet
- Keeping cats safe
- Cottage safety for your pet
- 10 good reasons to leash your dog
- Emergency preparedness: create emergency survival kits for your pets