The Planning Advisory Committee is established in accordance with the Planning Act to provide City Council with advice and comments on major policy planning initiatives, specifically:
- Provincial plan and policy conformity;
- Official Plan review and updates;
- Community plans and studies; and
- City initiated Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments with city-wide impact.
Alternate formats are available as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act by contacting the Clerks Office at 519-822-1260 extension 5603.
About the Committee
The Committee’s role is advisory and consultative.The Committee will meet between 2 and 6 times per year in the evening. The Planning Advisory Committee meeting schedule will be set out annually.
The Planning Advisory Committee consists of 9 members. Resident members will be selected as follows:
- 6 members from various geographic areas of the city (such as northwest, northeast, south central, south, older built-up area, downtown and newer neighbourhoods);
- 1 member that is a registered professional planner;
- 1 member that is either a practicing architect (member of the Ontario Association of Architects) or a practicing landscape architect (member of the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects);
- 1 member that is a practicing professional in the development industry.
- Indu Arora
- Mario Cotroneo
- Paul Hanusiak
- Anu Luthra
- Lisa MacTaggart
- Malcolm McIntosh
- Brandon Raco
- Darren Shock
|November 7, 2019meeting location details||Agenda||Minutes – Draft||Rescheduled from October 24|
|October 24, 2019meeting location details||Agenda||Not applicable||Quorum not met|
|June 13, 2019meeting location details||Agenda||Minutes||Not applicable|
|April 17, 2019meeting location details||Agenda||Minutes||Not applicable|
For more information
Manager, Policy Planning and Urban Design
Planning and Building Services
519-822-1260 extension 2361