On this page
Vacancies, how to apply, and current committee membership
Information regarding vacancies, how-to apply and current committee membership is available on the boards and committees page.
Alternate formats are available as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act by contacting the Clerks Office at 519-822-1260 extension 5603.
About the committee
The Planning Advisory Committee is established in accordance with the Planning Act to provide City Council with advice and comments on major policy planning initiatives, specifically:
- Provincial plan and policy conformity;
- Official Plan review and updates;
- Community plans and studies; and
- City initiated Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments with city-wide impact.
The Committee’s role is advisory and consultative. The Committee will meet between 2 and 6 times per year in the evening. The Planning Advisory Committee meeting schedule will be set out annually.
The Planning Advisory Committee consists of 9 members. Resident members will be selected as follows:
- 6 members from various geographic areas of the city (such as northwest, northeast, south central, south, older built-up area, downtown and newer neighbourhoods);
- 1 member that is a registered professional planner;
- 1 member that is either a practicing architect (member of the Ontario Association of Architects) or a practicing landscape architect (member of the Ontario Association of Landscape Architects);
- 1 member that is a practicing professional in the development industry.
Planning Advisory Committee Terms of ReferenceMeeting archive
|November 7, 2019meeting location details
|Rescheduled from October 24
|October 24, 2019meeting location details
|Quorum not met
|June 13, 2019meeting location details
|April 17, 2019meeting location details
For more information
Manager, Policy Planning and Urban Design
Planning and Building Services
519-822-1260 extension 2361