The City Council Remuneration and Support Advisory Committee will review and establish Elected Officials remuneration. Supported by staff from Human Resources, the Committee will provide recommendations on base compensation for Elected Officials.
In developing its recommendations, the Committee will recognize that benefits currently provided to elected officials constitute an integral part of the overall compensation package.
The goals and objectives of the Committee are to:
- Respect the approved recommendations of the Council Compensation and Ward Boundary Review
- Reflect on the Guiding Principles for Council Remuneration
- Reflect on fiscal and corporate objectives as outlined in the compensation report for non-union City staff
- Review the matter of compensation as it relates to public office
- Enable compensation and support adjustments supported by market data and comparable municipalities in terms of scope, size and nature of work
- Review data and proposals submitted by staff from Human Resources
- Review the matter of staff support as it relates to workload and workflow
- Oversee preparation and presentation of a final report and recommendations to Council for approval
For more information
Mark Ellis, General Manager, Human Resources
Corporate Resources, Human Resources
519-822-1260 extension 2448