The Natural Heritage Advisory Committee is established to provide City Council with advice and comments on City-led natural heritage conservation initiatives, specifically:
- City plans, strategies and studies such as the Natural Heritage Action Plan, the Urban Forest Management Plan and subwatershed studies; and
- Reviews and updates to the Official Plan natural heritage and water resource policies.
Alternate formats are available as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act by contacting the Clerks Office at 519-822-1260 extension 5603.
About the Committee
The Committee’s role is advisory and consultative. The Committee will meet between 2 and 6 times per year in the evening. The Natural Heritage Advisory Committee meeting schedule will be set out annually.
- The Natural Heritage Advisory Committee consists of 9 members.
- Resident members are selected based on demonstrated interest in natural heritage conservation and/or civic and community matters through employment, volunteer or personal experience.
- Membership is balanced with residents who are practicing professionals in the natural heritage industry and those that are not.
- Membership is balanced with members from various geographic areas of the city.
- Martin Litchfield, Chair
- Liana D’Andrea
- Patrick Kelly
- Tom Nicholls
- Mike Puddister
- Justine Richardson
- Hart Slater-Eddy
- Alexandria Wilson
- Mary Anne Young
For more information
Environmental Planner, Policy Planning and Urban Design
Planning and Building Services
519-822-1260 extension 2563