On this page
Play a key role in your city’s future
Council establishes committees and boards as a way for residents to provide input and make recommendations on matters that affect the entire community. We rely on volunteers to bring their diverse backgrounds and expertise to participate on these boards and committees.
Advisory committees, local boards, agencies, commissions and associations help the City of Guelph listen and learn how to make Guelph a more inclusive, connected and prosperous city. As a local government, we’re reflecting on our role, and the values that guide us to ensure our community is a welcoming place for everyone. Priority will be given to applicants of equity seeking groups.
Whether you are a first-time volunteer or have years of experience you will:
- Learn more about local government.
- Engage with local government to provide advice.
- Give back to your community.
How-to apply to serve on a board or committee
If you’re interested in applying to serve on a board or committee, select vacancies in the chart below, click on the board or committee you’re interested in, and select apply to submit an application.
To apply to serve on boards that operate interpedently of the City (such as the Guelph Public Library Board or Guelph Police Services Board), click on the name of the board below to be taken to that local boards website
Local Boards and Advisory Committees
- Business Licence Appeals Committee
- Chief Administrative Officer Recruitment, Selection and Performance Sub-Committee
- City Council
- Committee of Management for the Elliott
- Committee of the Whole
- Advisory Committees of Council – Administration Policy
- Advisory Committee of Council – Meeting Procedures
- Advisory Committees of Council – Public Appointment Policy
For more information
City Clerk’s Office