Envision Guelph – Downtown
Downtown Guelph Secondary Plan and Official Plan Amendment Decision Meeting
April 30, 2012Report 12-49 – Proposed Official Plan Amendment 43: Downtown Guelph Secondary Plan
- Report Only
- Attachment 1 – Official Plan Amendment No 43: Downtown Guelph Secondary Plan Amendment
- Attachment 2 – November 7, 2011 PBEE Report 11-98 Proposed Plan Amendment 43: Downtown Guelph Secondary Plan
- Attachment 3 - Comments submitted by the public, stakeholders and agencies regarding draft OPA 43 released as part of the November 2011 Public Meeting
- Attachment 4 - Comments Summary and Staff Response Summary Table
- Attachment 5 - Proposed Public Parkland Handout
Downtown Guelph Secondary Plan and Official Plan Amendment Public Meeting
November 7, 2011
The statutory Public Meeting was held on Monday, November 7th, 2011. At that meeting Council heard public delegations on the Official Plan Amendment, asked questions of clarification and identify any planning issues. A staff report was received and no decisions were made at the meeting. The staff report including a full analysis of issues and comments was released publicly on October 28, 2011.
- Public Meeting Notice
- Draft Official Plan Amendment including the draft Secondary Plan
- November 7, 2011 OPA 43 (Downtown Secondary Plan) Staff Report (including attachments)
Public Open House
May 20, 2011
Secondary Plan Study and Proposed Secondary Plan- March 2011 Draft for Review
The Downtown Guelph Secondary Plan Study and Proposed Secondary Plan is being released to solicit feedback from the public, agencies and stakeholders. The Study, along with comments received, will provide the basis for Staff to prepare the Official Plan Amendment to be brought forward later this year.
The document includes three parts:
- Part A sets the planning context for the Secondary Plan. It describes the process that led to the Plan and provides an overview of existing policy documents and physical conditions to which the Secondary Plan responds.
- Part B describes and illustrates the long-term vision for Downtown Guelph that provides the basis for the Secondary Plan.
- Part C constitutes the actual draft Secondary Plan. It begins with the overarching objective and general principles that underpin the Plan. The bulk of Part C describes the intended physical framework for Downtown Guelph, in terms of public transit, streets, open spaces and land use.
Draft Downtown Directions Document
An Open House was held on September 15, 2010 to discuss the proposed Downtown Secondary Plan called Envision Guelph Downtown. The focus of this event was on the Draft Downtown Directions Document which will guide the development of the Downtown Secondary Plan.
Envision Guelph Downtown and the Downtown Secondary Plan
As Guelph continues to grow, the City is planning for more homes, businesses and jobs downtown. The Downtown Secondary Plan will provide a long-term vision for future development.
- Downtown Plan presentation - March 9, 2010
- Display panels from the Open House - March 9, 2010
- Frequently Asked Questions – Downtown Secondary Plan June 10, 2010
- Community Workshop presentation - June 17, 2010
- Community Workshop presentation - June 29, 2010
- Community Workshop presentation - August 19, 2010
For more information
David de Groot
Planning & Building, Engineering and Environment
T 519-837-5616 x 2358
Downtown Guelph has been designated as one of the Province’s Urban Growth Centres. Envision Guelph Downtown will provide a long-term vision for future development; incorporating the goals of Ontario’s Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe, Guelph’s Community Energy Plan, Urban Design Action Plan, Market Square Strategic Urban Design Plan, and other special planning studies.