On this page
About this project
The Guelph Central Station will be fully accessible to serve public transit riders and the business needs of Guelph Transit. The building will meet the City’s sustainability and energy goals and improve access to multi-model transportation. The proposed two storey building will include: an accessible public waiting area, accessible public washrooms, ticket area, passenger information, driver rest area and staff work areas.
- Detailed design procurement: Q2 to Q3 2023
- Detailed design and approvals: Q4 2023 to Q4 2025
- Tender ready in 2026
Project status and last quarter update
- The City has hired a consultant and begun the preliminary design process for the central station building.
- The design and permitting phase of the project is expected to take about two years.
- The project is expected to be tender ready in 2026.
- Site works for background investigations are expected to occur in Q4 2023.
Additional project details
- Executive sponsors: Colleen Clack-Bush, Deputy Chief Administrative Officer, Public Services and Jayne Holmes, Deputy Chief Administrative Officer, Infrastructure, Development and Enterprise Services
- Project manager: Amir Bhatti, Project Manager, Facility Design and Construction
- Approved budget: $1,265,000 (planning and design phase only)
- Funding sources: 73.33 per cent grants and subsidies, 26.67 per cent tax reserves
- Target completion: Tender ready in 2026.
For more information
Manager, Facility Design and Construction
519-822-1260 extension 3496