International, National, Provincial Tournament Booking Requests due
Regular Season Requests due
Playoffs, House League, Recreational Tournament Requests due
2016 Sports Group Statistics due
2017 Organizational Direction form due
Confirmation of Continued Eligibility of Youth Facility Discount due
Playoffs, House League, Recreational Tournament contracts confirmed
Contracts not received by this date will be cancelled and facilities made available to other groups.
All requests to be submitted in writing, using the forms provided, to:
City of Guelph
1 Carden Street
Guelph, ON N1H 3A1
All requests for amendment and cancellations must be received in writing.
A minimum of 72 hours is required for processing new or additional booking requests.
|York Road Park||Thursday June 1|
|Eramosa River West||Thursday June 1|
|Eramosa River East||Saturday July 1|
|All Other Diamonds||Monday May 1|
Soccer / football fields
|O’Connor Lane Park||Friday May 19|
|Eastview Football||Friday May 19|
|Exhibition A3 Football||Friday May 19|
|Franchetto Soccer||Friday June 2|
|Guelph Lake Soccer||Friday June 2|
|Hanlon Creek Soccer||Friday May 19|
|Margaret Greene Soccer||Friday May 19|
|York Road Park Soccer||Thursday June 1|
|Centennial Soccer Enclosure||Friday, May 19|
|All other sports fields||Monday, May 1|
Fields close for the season on Sunday October 1 with the exception of the following fields/diamonds, which will remain open until Tuesday October 31 (weather permitting) and only for usage by non-profit youth organizations and schools.
Due to limited staffing, September bookings may be consolidated to staff approved fields.
- Baseball diamonds: Larry Pearson and Joe Kaine
- Softball diamonds: Guelph Lake and Margaret Greene
- Soccer/football fields: Guelph Lake, Margaret Greene, Franchetto, Centennial (excluding enclosure), Eastview (football) and Exhibition
Facility availability350 kBInstructions for viewing sports field / ball diamond availability on regexpress.guelph.ca
Allocations for sports fields and outdoor facilities are based on historical practice; with newly available space being allocated based on the following prioritization schedule:
- City Programming
- Regional, Provincial, National, International Special Events (youth and adult) including tournaments
- Existing Youth community group rentals, tournaments and special events
- Existing Adult community groups rentals, tournaments and special events
- New Youth group programs
- Existing Youth group program expansion
- Existing Adult group program expansion
- New Adult group programs
- Out of City organizations
In order to be considered in the above facility allocations, a group must:
- Be in good financial standing with the City of Guelph.
- Complete and submit their sports group statistics by January 13, 2017.
- Provide proof of their status (i.e. youth community group) when requested to do so.
- Utilize or return all allocated times. Groups not using booked times at a facility/field or diamond will lose their right to that space. Repeat non-usage of allocated space may result in loss of priority consideration and/or access to City owned and operated facilities.
- Youth groups receiving the Youth facility discount and not using allocated times will be invoiced the full unsubsidized price and will lose their right to that space.
- Adhere to all contract conditions.
- Adhere to all Municipal policies and bylaws (including the Rzone Policy); and to provincial and federal legislation.
The City will take every measure to accommodate all groups’ requests and needs, however:
- The City does not guarantee the renewal of annual field time and will not be held responsible for any failure to provide space due to circumstances beyond its control.
- Loss of facility space due to unforeseen circumstances (i.e. maintenance, closures) following the initial facility distribution will be borne by the user of the facility and will not impact other user’s allocation.
- Users providing at least 15 calendar days advance notice of cancellations in writing will receive a full credit onto their account. Groups providing less than 15 days will pay the full rate for the booking.
- All users are required to notify the City, in writing, of any bookings not used, whether they are prior to the notification period or not. Time slots consistently cancelled or not used may be forfeited and removed from the contract and/or reconsidered during the regular allocation process.
- Sports field rainouts as called by the user will be credited to the users’ account provided the City is notified in writing by the next business day.
- If the City closes or cannot provide adequate fields/facilities, there will be no charge to the user booked into those times and the users’ account will be credited or amended to reflect those closures. (Please note – “Adequate” is defined solely at the City’s discretion.)
- Playoff Cancellations: During end of season elimination playoffs, leagues may cancel, in writing, some of their playoff bookings without 15 days notice, without penalty, if a team is eliminated from further play. This applies to elimination rounds only – round robin playoffs or tournaments are not eligible. In order to be eligible for playoff cancellations, you must provide the City with a copy of your league regulations; specifically those that apply to playoffs.
- School Board bookings only: If the Board cancels bus service for that day and the booking is during school hours, there will be no penalty for cancelling the booking with less than 15 days notice. Notice must be given to the City, in writing, on the next business day.
- Rescheduling (cancelling and rebooking an equal amount of time on a specified date) is permitted, without penalty, with a minimum of 3 business days notice; providing there is no impact to facility staff schedules. The rescheduled date will not be eligible for a refund if cancelled; regardless of the amount of advance notice given. Rescheduling with less than 3 business days notice is considered a cancellation and will be subject to the full rate.
- Signed rental contracts and insurance forms must be received by March 31, 2017 to indicate your agreement to the rental terms and thus guarantee your bookings.
- All coaches or persons in charge at a location are to carry copies of the signed rental contracts as they must be produced onsite upon request
- All groups must have Liability Insurance coverage. Please provide a copy to Public Services –Recreation Support Services before March 31, 2017. Your coverage must be a minimum of $2,000,000 Commercial General Liability with the City of Guelph named as an additional insured and must remain in force throughout the duration of your rental contracts.
- If you prefer, the City can offer coverage through Jones Brown Insurance. Please indicate this preference on your booking request form.
- Note that seasonal insurance purchased through Jones Brown Insurance may cover two tournaments. Additional coverage must be purchased for additional tournament bookings and for licensed or large scope tournaments.
2017 Payment Terms and Schedule
“Regional Plus” Tournaments & Special Events: Payment must be received in full at least 2 weeks prior to the start date.
Regular outdoor season bookings – groups in good standing – are invoiced on the first day of the month prior to the month in which the booking occurs. Payment must be received no later than the last business day of the month prior to the month in which the booking occurs.
Special event and tournament procedure
- A Special Event or Tournament application must be filled out for each tournament and/or special event that you are booking.
- Once your request has been received, reviewed and confirmed, you will be contacted and advised of any additional requirements or licenses needed in order to proceed with your event. This may take up to 4 months to coordinate.
- A refundable damage deposit will be required, based on the scope and size of your tournament or event.
- Depending on the particulars of your event, additional permits and conditions may be required
Key deposits for 2017
- All keys must be turned in by November 25, 2016 in order to be reimbursed for 2016 key deposits.
- For 2017 key deposits – One authorized representative per league is to sign for, pay for and pick up keys.
- A $20 refundable deposit is required per key and a $100 deposit for Medeco keys.
- Deposits are payable by cash, cheque, debit or credit card.
- Refunding of deposits made by cash, cheque or debit will be by cheque and will take up to 2 weeks for processing.
Sports Group Statistics Form
- 2016 Sports Group Statistics Form must be submitted by Friday January 13, 2017.
- Sports field allocations will not be considered for groups failing to provide registration statistics on Sports Groups Statistics form.
Organizational Direction Form
- Submit an updated Organization Direction form by Friday January 13, 2017.
- This identifies your organization’s officers and advises the City of those members/officers who have the authority to book facilities, sign contracts and legally bind your organization. Note it is the responsibility of the booking organization to advise the City of any changes to its’ signing and booking officers.
Tournament and booking request forms
House League and Recreational Tournament Request FormOutdoor Practise Booking Request FormOutdoor Regular Booking Request FormRegional Provincial National International Tournament Request Form339 kBPlayoff Request Form
After Hours Emergency Contact Number (Extend Communications)
1-866-630-9242 – Monday-Friday after 4:00 pm and all day Saturday, Sunday and Holidays
- This number is to be used for issues with sports fields and outdoor facilities that require immediate action.
- When calling this number, please provide as much information about the problem to the operator and, if possible, a contact number for return calls.
Reporting Maintenance Concerns and Issues
Park maintenance concerns can be emailed directly to email@example.com or telephoned to 519-837-5628.
Questions or concerns
If you have any questions or concerns we would be very pleased to address them.
Supervisor of Turf and Sports fields
Community and Social Services Department
519-822-1260 extension 2472
Program Manager, Recreation Support Services
Public Services Department
519-822-1260 extension 2667