Community Grants (formerly Wellbeing Grants) provide funding for not-for-profit organizations that supports operating costs, events, special programs or projects, or for small capital items that support the quality of life of Guelph residents.
Applications are now being accepted
Grant applications are evaluated based on the:
- Benefit it will have on the lives of Guelph residents
- Community support for your organization and its programs, projects and events
- Sustainability and need for funding
You must meet all criteria in the City of Guelph’s Community Grant Policy to be a recipient. All funding is subject to City Council budget approval.
New in 2023
Included in the Community Grant application this year, is an opportunity receive additional funds if your organization pays City Fees as part of your operations or project. In the application, you will be asked to describe the City Fees that your organization pays and you will be automatically considered for the additional funds.
Apply for a Community Grant in four easy steps:
1. Read the application guide to learn grant requirements, eligibility, and selection criteria.
2. Decide whether to apply for an operational grant OR a project grant
3. Download and complete the appropriate application. You must download the application before you start filling it out, or progress will be lost.
4. Complete cover letter
5. Submit completed applications (including your organization’s financial statements) to [email protected] by Thursday, December 8 at 4:00pm.
You must meet all criteria in the City of Guelph’s Community Grant Guide to be a recipient.
Reporting on a grant
If you receive a grant, your organization will be required to report on how the grant was used and what it helped achieve for the community. The reporting form is available below.
- Reports for 2022 Community Grants are due December 15, 2022.
For more information
Alex Goss, Manager of Community Investment
Culture, Tourism and Community Investment
519-822-1260 extension 2675