Thank you for wearing a mask or face covering on the bus.
Guelph Transit is operating on a Saturday service schedule, Monday to Saturday. No change to Sunday service.
|2019 Fare structure||Cash||Single tickets||10 tickets||Day pass||Monthly pass||Affordable bus pass|
Passengers are required to pay a fare when they take Guelph Transit by using their OnYourWay fare card or cash.
About bus fare
Guelph Transit monthly bus passes can be used as a non-refundable tax credit. Keep your monthly passes for tax time; you may be eligible to receive a tax credit on your personal income tax return.
- New! July and August monthly pass for post-secondary students
- Youth fare: to be eligible, passengers must be between five years and 17 years old, or those age 18 and older must be in full-time attendance at high school; a valid high-school student card must be shown upon request. Students attending college or university are not eligible to use youth fare.
- Adult fare is for passengers who are age 18 to 64
- Senior fare is for passengers age 65 years of age or older. Government-issued ID must be shown upon request
- Children under five ride FREE
- Day Passes – provides unlimited one-day travel on Guelph Transit and is valid for groups on Saturdays and Sundays
- Visually impaired riders registered with the CNIB ride FREE; riders must present a CNIB registration card when boarding the bus
- Personal Assistant for Leisure Activities (PAL) Card
- Mobility service is available by application only;
- Annual Transit and Parking Pass Program for Veterans
- Affordable Bus Pass
- Guelph Transit and GO Fare integration
Passengers can transfer routes at any point where two routes connect. Passengers must request a transfer when they first board the bus if they require a transfer to continue along their route. When boarding a bus with a transfer, passengers must present the transfer to the driver unfolded and date-side up for inspection. Transfers must NOT be placed in the fare box.
A 60-minute transfer is automatically activated on your OnYourWay card when paying with a monthly pass or stored ride/dollar value. No additional fare will be deducted from your card if you tap again within that 60-minute period. If you pay cash, you will need to request a paper transfer from the transit operator. Paper transfers state the expiry date and time.
Guelph Transit routes and schedules are subject to change without notice and services may be temporarily disrupted due to unforeseen circumstances. Where possible, changes will be posted in advance to notify passengers of the adjusted hours and service levels. These changes are taken into account when calculating Guelph Transit’s fare structure. Discount, adjustments, extensions and refunds will not be issued as a result of closures or service disruptions.
In the event of a fare or transfer dispute, passengers are requested to pay the proper fare and then contact:
170 Watson Road South, Guelph, Ontario N1L 1C1
You will be required to provide the date, time, route and vehicle number in order to proceed with your dispute.
For more information