The Tourism Recovery Fund is available to Guelph not-for-profit and for-profit tourism organizations and businesses to help adapt their services or programs during the COVID-19 pandemic. This fund will enable organizations and businesses to endure, thereby maintaining jobs and a stable economy.
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Their role in Guelph’s tourism industry
- The initiative supports their economic recovery during and post pandemic
- The initiative supports at least one of the four pillars of Guelph’s tourism industry
- Their need for financial assistance
- Applicant must be a tourist focused* establishment/event/organization
- Located within Guelph city limits or primarily supports Guelph’s tourism industry
- Initiatives must be completed by December 31, 2021
* Tourist focused: At least 25 per cent of the business revenue is dependent on tourists. The organization has a primary focus on potential to grow their tourist attraction. A tourist is defined as an individual (including an Ontario resident) who travels 40 kilometres or more (one-way) or crosses the Ontario border to attend an event (Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport)
Apply for the Tourism Recovery Fund by:
- Reading the Program Overview to learn about eligibility, the application process and assessment criteria.
Download the Tourism Recovery Program Overview
- Downloading and completing the application.
Download the Tourism Recovery application
- Submitting the completed applications by Monday, April 26, 2021 at 4 p.m.
Reporting on funding
If you receive funding, you will be required to report on how the funds were used, how funding helped leverage revenues, how funding supported COVID-19 recovery and the success in reaching the Tourism Recovery Fund pillars of Guelph’s tourism industry stated in your application.
For more information
Matthew Thomas, Manager of Tourism and Destination Development
Economic Development and Tourism
City of Guelph
519-822-1260 extension 2533