The Emergency Fund is available to not-for-profit organizations, unincorporated groups and individuals across all sectors to help adapt services or programs during COVID-19 to meet community needs.
Funds are awarded in two phases:
- Applications open on Tuesday, April 6, 2021
- Application deadline is Thursday, May 6, 2021 by 4 p.m.
- Applications will be awarded by May 31, 2021
Applicants can continue to apply after the May 6, 2021 deadline for consideration during phase two. Details coming soon.
Applicants must demonstrate:
- The initiative will help the applicant in dealing with the pandemic
- The initiative is a clear response to the pandemic
- The initiative will impact the lives of Guelph residents
- Their need for financial assistance
Apply for the Emergency Fund by:
- Reading the Program Overview and Application Guide to learn about eligibility, the application process and assessment criteria.Download the Emergency Fund Program Overview
- Downloading and completing the application.
Download the not-for-profit applicationDownload the unincorporated group/individual application
- Completing the cover letter
Download the cover letter
- Submitting completed applications and cover letter to [email protected] by May 6, 2021 at 4 p.m.
You must meet all criteria in the City of Guelph’s Emergency Fund program overview to be a recipient.
Reporting on funding
If you receive funding, you will be required to report on how the funds were used and the success in reaching the Emergency Fund goals stated in your application.
2020 Emergency Fund Recipients
Organizations that received funding in 2020 must report on how the funds were used prior to May 6, 2021 in order to be eligible for the 2021 Emergency Fund. For those organizations not submitting an application in phase one for funding, reports are due August 31, 2021.
For more information
Alex Goss, Manager of Community Investment
Culture and Recreation
City of Guelph
519-822-1260 extension 2675