Vacancies, how to apply, and current committee membership
Information regarding vacancies, how-to apply and current committee membership is available on the boards and committees page.
About the committee
The Committee’s role is advisory and consultative. The mandate of the City of Guelph Economic Development Advisory Committee is to champion and promote economic development in the City of Guelph by:
- Contributing to the development of economic development programs and initiatives.
- Providing a voice for business related to City initiatives put forward by staff that may have identified economic development impact.
- Receiving and responding to ongoing performance indicators that measure economic development divisional tactics and broader economic monitoring.
Terms of Reference: Guelph Economic Development Advisory Committee (GEDAC)
Committee meetings are held once per month from January to December with no meetings in July and August. A minimum of 9 meetings will be held annually. Meetings are scheduled for 1.5 hours and may run longer from time to time as agenda dictates.
The Guelph Economic Development Advisory Committee consists of Eleven 11 members:
- Eight voting members representing local businesses.
- Three non-voting members representing business support organizations.
GEDAC endeavors for representation of Guelph community and business operator diversity, including sector and business type representation as outlined below:
- A cross-section of business representatives from sectors as identified in the Economic Development and Tourism Strategy.
- A cross-section of geographic business locations in Guelph.
- A cross-section of business size and market focus.
- A Guelph Junction Railroad business customer shall be represented in at least one (1) member appointment wherever possible.
For more information
Christine Chapman (she/her)
Manager, Economic Development
Development and Tourism
519-822-1260 extension 2823