Sustaining our Future
Strategic Plan initiatives and measures
- Plan and design an increasingly sustainable City as Guelph grows
- Create and execute an ambitious and achievable climate adaptation plan
- Mitigate climate change by reducing Guelph’s carbon footprint
- Percentage reduction of climate risk exposure for the City’s built and natural assets
- Percentage increase in renewable energy resources to achieve corporate 100 per cent renewable energy target (100RE)
- Percentage reduction in greenhouse gas emissions to achieve Community Net-Zero carbon target
Included in this priority
- Facility and Energy Management
- Environmental Services
- Engineering and Transportation
- Planning and Building Services
- Capital Financing – Contaminated Sites & 100 RE
- Grand River Conservation Authority
2021 to 2024 budget Impacts
- Implementation of 100RE initiatives requiring staff resources and capital funding strategy for energy initiatives; most notably the transit fleet electrification strategy.
- The construction of the Baker District public realm including the Central Library and the South End Community Centre
- Implementation of the Urban forest master plan.
- Investment in Solid Waste Services to maintain services to a growing community while planning to be an early adopter of recycling Full Producer Responsibility.
- Scope expansion of Municipal Comprehensive Review and Master Plans to incorporate revised growth targets to 2051.
- Adjustment of enhanced development application timing requirements from changing legislation.