This program of work is required to ensure continued effective and efficient wastewater service delivery and compliance with applicable legislation.
The project focus is to maintain and build infrastructure to service the needs of community growth, renew critical supply infrastructure to prevent failure, reduce unplanned maintenance requirements, and sustain current service levels for customers. It will also protect the environment and maintain regulatory compliance, optimize current infrastructure and resources, and identify new technologies to enhance current services.
2021 to 2030 project highlights
Strategic Initiatives and Continuous Improvement
- Complete the wastewater treatment and bio-solids management master plan to ensure adequate capacity for growth (ST0008).
- Develop a comprehensive roadmap for bio-solids handling to include renewal of existing infrastructure and additional equipment as necessary (ST0003).
- Create energy efficiency initiatives to support Council direction on zero carbon. This includes equipment upgrades, maximum digester gas utilization and a carbon credit program (ST0009).
- Modernize the process control network to ensure reliable operations for the wastewater collection and treatment systems (ST0006).
- Initiate continuous improvement projects such as an update to the Sewer Use Bylaw, community outreach programs, and invest in data management software to drive operational efficiencies through improved mobile access of critical information as well as cross departmental corporate access (ST0002).
- PN0271 York Road—Stevenson to Victoria
- PN0268 Paisley Road Feedermain Ph 3—Ryde Road to just before Fischer Drive
- PN0847 Manitoba Street—Ontario to Huron Street
- PN0043 Metcalfe—Eramosa to Terry