What we do
The Strategy, Innovation and Intergovernmental Services department manages the development, implementation and performance reporting of the Strategic Plan (2019-2023), Guelph. Future Ready.
This department also works with partners and stakeholders to champion the Community Plan and make Guelph a more inclusive, connected and prosperous city where people look after each other and the environment.
We foster a culture of innovation to support and empower staff to work in new ways and be ‘future ready’. We also share our learnings to support progress in the municipal sector and enhance Guelph’s reputation as an innovative community.
We foster strong relationships with stakeholders to identify opportunities and advocate for policy changes, process efficiencies, financial supports and consultation opportunities with relevant associations and other levels of government.
Why we do it
2021 to 2024+ initiatives
- Finalize and begin to implement the City’s new Strategic Plan—develop action plans and performance tracking and reporting to focus and align resources to achieve measureable success over the next four years.
- Continue to work with partners and stakeholders to align with, and champion the Community Plan—outreach, promote collaboration and report community progress.
- Review and evolve Guelph’s strategic innovation portfolio to support and empower staff to work in new ways and be ‘future ready’, and to enhance Guelph’s reputation as an innovative community.
- Continue to advocate for provincial and federal funding and consultation opportunities, and support the Mayor, Council and staff to increase Guelph’s influence with relevant associations and other levels of government.
Operating budget—Revenues and expenses
2021 budget changes explanation
- $45,400 reduction in community plan funding scheduled to end mid-year due to the completion of the project
2022 to 2024 budget changes explanation
- Inflationary cost pressures
- Increase in expense in 2023 and 2024 to refresh Council’s Strategic Plan offset by a transfer from the Strategic Initiatives Reserve