City of Guelph splash pads, wading pools and outdoor pools are open for the 2020 summer season with enhanced health and safety practices to keep you safe.
Latest updates and schedule changes
Splash pads and wading pools
There are lots of splash pads and wading pools located throughout the City. Use the link below to learn about operating times, pool rules and to find one located near you.
Recreation and fitness swim schedule
West End Community Centre and Lyon Pool are offering swims for the summer.
Recreation and fitness swim schedules arrow_forward_ios
Private swim lessons
One-to-one instruction to help you develop your skills at your own pace with the assistance of our highly trained instructors. Suitable for all ages. Children 9 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Registration and payment
- Users must register and pay in advance using Rec Enroll for all recreation and fitness swims and private lessons. See the schedules for pricing.
- Customers with a 10 or 20 visit Fitness membership can use their pass online to pay for an Aquafit session but, to get the best value, use the pass for swims offered after September 7.
- Walk-ins are discouraged unless customers need to pay with cash.
Pool admission standards and guidelines
- Children six (6) years of age or younger, regardless of swimming ability, must be directly supervised by a parent or guardian at least fourteen (14) years of age, who is wearing swimming attire, within arm’s reach, and able to render immediate assistance. There are a maximum of two (2) children per parent/guardian.
- A facility swim test may be attempted to use the slide and participate in deep end activities.
- Children ages seven to nine (7–9) who DO NOT pass the facility swim test are required to wear an orange wristband and must be directly supervised by a parent or guardian at least fourteen (14) years of age, who is wearing swimming attire, within arm’s reach, and able to render immediate assistance. There are a maximum of two (2) children per parent/guardian.
- Children ages seven to nine (7–9) who DO pass the facility swim test are required to wear a green wristband and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at least fourteen (14) years of age who maintains visual contact and remains in the pool viewing area at all times.
- Participants with serious medical conditions should be accompanied by individuals knowledgeable of their condition, and have the ability to render immediate assistance.
- Children ten (10) years of age or older do not require supervision by a parent/guardian.
Facility swim test
Pool admission standards and guidelines apply to all recreational swims. Aquatic staff may ask any participant for a demonstration of swimming ability if they feel there is a question of personal safety. To successfully pass the facility swim test individuals must roll into the water, swim two continuous widths on their front and tread water for 30 seconds.
All patrons must wear appropriate swimming attire suitable for a public family environment. Swimming attire is defined as clothing that is clean and used specifically for the purpose of swimming.
Access to the West End Community Centre and pool deck
- Access to the pool is through the main entrance at West End Community Centre
- Access to the facility is allowed 10 minutes before the start of the swim time
- Viewing gallery is closed to the public
- Lockers are not available for use
- Showers are permitted for pool entrance only – swimmers will be entering through the Family change room and exiting through the Men’s change room
- No outside footwear is permitted on the pool deck
- No food or drink are permitted on the pool deck (non-breakable containers with water only are permitted)
- All street clothing must remain six feet from pool’s edge.
- Access to the Aquatic Guard office is for City of Guelph Aquatic staff only
- Exercise room and sauna are not available to participants
The pool is divided into lanes for participants to swim, water walk or water jog the length of the pool. Permitted equipment for lane swim includes hand paddles, pull buoy, flutter board, flippers, goggles, swim caps. Snorkels are not permitted.
Everyone is welcome to enjoy all pool features.
Senior and Accessibility Swim
A great way for older adults and individuals with exceptionalities to enjoy all pool features. This non-instructional session is a great opportunity for those who want to work through stretches, exercises, or just enjoy leisure time in the water.
Swim Development Drop-in
This 30-minute instructed private drop-in will help you improve your swimming skills through a variety of drills which focus on developing confidence in the water, swim technique, strength and endurance. Skill level will be assessed at the beginning of the lesson and instruction will be tailored to the swimmer’s specific areas of improvement. Sessions cannot be used to complete a swim level. Suitable for all ages. Children 9 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Registration opens up 3 days in advance of each session. Drop-in requests permitted based on instructor availability.