- family reunions
- golf outings
- group nature walks
- large church gatherings
Booking a defibrillator
- Fill out the request form below or call 519-822-1260 extension 2880 to reserve your date. Please note: AEDs are available on a first-come, first-served basis and subject to availability.
- A valid driver’s licence is required at time of booking and will be kept on file.
- A liability release form must be signed by the borrower.
- Designate one person to be responsible for the while on loan from Guelph-Wellington Paramedic Service. This person must view a short tutorial video on how to safely operate the AED.
Importance of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and early defibrillation
Research shows that victims of cardiac arrest have the best chance of survival when there is early access to cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and defibrillation. Guelph-Wellington Paramedic Service believes that providing AEDs at events—where there is no easy or timely access to a defibrillator—will save lives.
Did you know?
- Up to 40,000 cardiac arrests occur each year in Canada. That’s one every 13 minutes.
- The majority of cardiac arrests (up to 85 per cent) occur outside of hospitals in public spaces or homes.
- Current survival rates for cardiac arrest are very low; it is estimated that less than 10 per cent of Canadians survive a cardiac arrest outside of a hospital.
- For every minute that defibrillation is delayed during cardiac arrest the chance of survival drops by seven to 10 per cent and resuscitation is rarely successful beyond 10 minutes.
- The chance of surviving a cardiac arrest is doubled when early CPR is used in combination with an AED, which is easy to use and maintain.
Special thank you
A special thank you to the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario and BERRN Consulting Ltd./AED4Life for donating AEDs to the program.