The City of Guelph is expanding and improving the Silvercreek Trail (also known as the Royal Recreation Trail) in Silvercreek Park (south – near the skatepark).
The work will include:
- Clearing and grubbing the existing trail route;
- Constructing a three-metre wide asphalt trail, including drainage measures
- Installing information/education signs, permanent furniture, and naturalized plantings;
- Replacing existing shade structure with two new shade structures;
- Installing a pedestrian-activated signal across Wellington Street (south of Roland Street);
- Removing the volleyball courts; and
- Relocating parking
Construction begins fall 2017. Completion is spring 2018.
The City of Guelph acknowledges project funding (33.3 per cent of total eligible costs up to $264,010) from the Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program.
For more information
Park Planner, Open Space Planning
Parks and Recreation
519-822-1260 extension 3371