The City of Guelph’s Commissioner of Oaths can take affidavits or declarations by witnessing you swear or affirm that what is in a document is true. If your document requires the signature of a Notary Public, then you will need to contact a lawyer or a Notary.
For more information about commissioner of oath and notary public services, visit the Province of Ontario’s website.
Before you begin
The following applies to the City’s commissioner of oaths services:
- Each person making a declaration must:
- Be present at the commissioning appointment
- Show current, government-issued photo identification.
- Documents must only be signed in front of the Commissioner.
- Up to two documents is $39.55 (the fee may increase if there are more documents)
- Foreign pension document is $16.95
Book an appointment
Commissioner of oaths appointments are available on Thursdays and Fridays at City Hall, 1 Carden Street, Guelph.
If you have questions about commissioner of oaths services, please contact us.
519-822-1260 extension 2117