Commissioner of Oaths

The City Clerk’s Office provides the services of a Commissioner of Oaths during the hours listed below. The Commissioner is able to witness signatures for certain documents. We strongly recommend you call the City Clerk’s Office at 519-837-5603 in advance to book an appointment. This will ensure there is a Commissioner of Oaths available when you come in for your commissioning. At the same time we will help you determine if the Commissioner is authorized to sign your particular document(s) and what the applicable fee will be.

Schedule an appointment


City of Guelph, ServiceGuelph
City Hall, 1 Carden St, Guelph

Commissioning hours

Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
(Closed on statutory holidays)


Commissioning fee

$39.55 (includes 13% HST) for up to two signatures, payable by Cash, Debit, or Credit Card (fee increases with additional signatures)

Commissioner of Oaths services for foreign pensions will be charged $15.00 plus HST ($16.95).

We wish to advise that our Commissioners will not sign Wills, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Divorce, Separation or Custody Agreements.

 For more information

For more information about getting documents commissioned please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 519-837-5603 or by e-mail at [email protected]