2017 bagged yard waste collection
- Week A: October 30 to November 3
- Week B: November 6 to 10
Bagged yard waste will be collected this fall from October 30 to November 6 during your grey cart garbage collection week, on your regular collection day. Bags must be set out by 6:30 a.m.
Refer to the Collection Map to learn whether your household follows the Week A or Week B collection schedule.
For loose leaf collection dates, visit guelph.ca/leaves
Yard waste can also be brought directly to the Waste Resource Innovation Centre at 110 Dunlop Drive for free.
You can also top up your green cart with yard waste each week, throughout the year, for curbside collection.
Yard waste includes:
- Grass clippings (including thatch)
- Hedge trimmings
- Woody plants (including vines, rose bushes, and the like)
- Brush, branches, and tree limbs with a diameter less than 5 cm (2 inches)
Yard waste does NOT include:
- Sod, soil and sand
- Treated wood
- Large stumps
Keep it in your yard!
Yard waste and leaves can provide vital nutrients to your lawn and gardens. See for yourself with these easy tips:
- Use mulched leaves on your lawn to help control weeds and create healthier growing conditions for your lawn
- Leave grass clippings on the lawn to decompose and release organic matter and valuable nutrients into your lawn
- Try home composting — it’s an easy way to obtain free, valuable nutrients for your gardens
For more information, visit guelph.ca/healthylandscapes.
Excess leaves can also be raked to the curb during Loose Leaf Collection each fall.
Preparing your bagged yard waste for curbside collection
- Bagged yard waste must be at the curb by 6:30 a.m. on your grey cart garbage collection day.
- Yard waste must be placed in kraft paper bags, jute bags or in a clearly labelled container (less than 100 litres).
- Branches and tree limbs must be tied in bundles not larger than 1 metre (3 feet) long by 0.6 metres (2 feet) wide.
- Each bundle, bag or container of yard waste must not exceed 20 kilograms (44 pounds).
- Bagged yard waste must be placed within 1 foot of the curb and 1 metre (3 feet) away from your green, blue and grey cart.
- Yard waste in plastic bags will not be collected.
Disposing emerald ash borer (EAB) infested material
Residents can dispose of infested ash tree material at the City’s Waste Resource Innovation Centre, located at 110 Dunlop Drive. A disposal fee of $70/metric tonne will apply as the infested ash material is treated as waste.
For more information
Solid Waste Resources